Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What does this monitor need?

JustAnotherRat

Question

This is on my sister's cabinet, the adjustments are dialed completely one way, if I turn any of them up, the screen gets very bright and the image is not viewable, it gets too "flarey".

As is the colours are poor and there is bleeding.

[ATTACH]126605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126606[/ATTACH]

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Bumped the cabinet and the colours are now much better, but obviously this hasn't fixed it so I'd like to know what I'm looking for.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Bad solder joints, probably on your neck board.

There is a 10uF cap on the neck board that when it fails it causes bad flairs off to the right, so it could be the solder joints to that cap, or just bad connections somewhere.

Bad solder joints, probably on your neck board.

There is a 10uF cap on the neck board that when it fails it causes bad flairs off to the right, so it could be the solder joints to that cap, or just bad connections somewhere.

OK thanks... So I'll go along and reseat and resolder and see how I go.

- - - Updated - - -

How long has it been doing this? Is the problem mostly related to the red colour?

Not sure how long this has been the case. It is my sisters cab and they mentioned that the picture was crap a while ago but I only saw it for myself at Easter.

I think all colours are washed out, not just the red.

3 weeks? That's an eternity in Jomac time :) I've once express posted a chassis to him on Monday morning and had it back by Thursday. I got a message from him Tuesday morning saying it has been repaired and posted off, could not believe the turn around time, especially with postage each way from Brisbane to Perth. Bloody insane.