Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pop Bumper Brackets B-7417

Scottt

Hey all,

Is there a popular way to strengthen Pop Bumper Brackets B-7417 coil stop end ? as i just had one snap off

i have just ordered some new ones and just wondering if others have modified to strengthen, thanks guys n gals

02009500_2900084.jpg.fa974d78d793e852c900ebc0ad4cfa44.jpg

Hey all,

Is there a popular way to strengthen Pop Bumper Brackets B-7417 coil stop end ? as i just had one snap off

i have just ordered some new ones and just wondering if others have modified to strengthen, thanks guys n gals

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126592[/ATTACH]

Replaced hundreds of them. A better part is early Bally SS. Same part with a bracket welded over the top. Alternative, Gottlieb part. All the bolt holes like up no matter what the brand.

The Williams part is the weakest as you have found.

Replaced hundreds of them. A better part is early Bally SS. Same part with a bracket welded over the top. Alternative, Gottlieb part. All the bolt holes like up no matter what the brand.

The Williams part is the weakest as you have found.

Awesome, that's the info i needed, thanks heaps. The bracket that snapped looked new, that's why i though there must be an alternative or modification. thanks again for that info - priceless

Lucky if we sell 2 a month, and service over 100 late model games a year and probably only replaced 2 or 3

Spoke to other parts sellers, not a known problem

That could be because all the faulty ones have already been changed maybe?. I had some breaking on 6 month old machines while the two next to it on the same machine lasted for a further two years before the machine being traded and not an issue with them.

I just took four off a FirePower playfield here, two originals and two Bally SS type. Considering the price being near identical and both the Williams/Bally and Bally SS being the near dead copies of each other, why not go the one that never fails that has a welded on reinforcing strap factory over the top.

That is basically my argument. Cost VS reliability makes me less a factory dedicated parts user and more a fix it once and for all using the best parts available.

I'm pretty sure the Gottlieb part fits straight in as well and it has a nice little stress release bend in the bracket right where the Williams and later Williams /Bally brackets break.

Gottlieb type...

s-l300.jpg

Bally SS type with the factory welded on reinforcing bracket ...

http://stevekulpa.net/pinball/bpopr-a01.jpg

Williams and later Williams /Bally type...

http://www.actionpinball.com/pics/a-17906.jpg

You have to ask yourself why did Bally SS have the strap welded on in the first place?

We know the reason it was removed, cost.

The must change part on the Williams /Bally bumpers is this though...

REQzNTAwRDFEMzBBNTFEREI5NDc6MjUxYjNhNWUxZTMzZmM2ODA4NGQxOWM5ZTAzZjc1MTE6Ojo6OjA=

This bit really is garbage. Swap that for the exact same Gottlieb part and they never break again, ever. Even 20 year old ones don't break.

Most don't want old looking parts on new machines

Whatever floats your boat, if its what you want to do, great.

I have seen people use the bent reinforced yoke armature from Gottlieb as well, even seen a 10c piece used as the bell armature plunger end

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is a lot of USA sold parts being made in china and Taiwan not the USA, different metal and quality, notice the black stern legs twist and bend on new games and the powder coat doesn't match the siderails and lockdown bar

- - - Updated - - -

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/jet-bumper-bracket-and-stop/

Notice our USA made ones have 2 kinks in the bend to strengthen, all same same but different