Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

replacing battery on spike 1

pinball god

Question

Anyone change the cpu battery on their spike system yet. My gble isn't keeping time. Tried removing with fingers and impossible to do. Is there a trick like a clip that has to be disengaged for easy removal. Also manual says cr232 3v battery is my cr2032 3v the same?

13 answers to this question

Anyone change the cpu battery on their spike system yet. My gble isn't keeping time. Tried removing with fingers and impossible to do. Is there a trick like a clip that has to be disengaged for easy removal. Also manual says cr232 3v battery is my cr2032 3v the same?

crXXYY tells you the size of the cell. XX is the diameter in mm (ish, there's some fiddling in the standard - see wiki for details if you're excited), YY is the thickness in 1/10ths of a mm.

I would guess 232 is a typo of 2032 but you could measure the existing battery to be sure. If it's more than 2mm diameter, it's probably a typo. ;)

Good question Rob. I assume the battery is something that should be changed every year, like I do with my older machines? Or less often being lithium?

Update no one in the know really knows of a procedure so with power off used a pair of long nose pliers and yank with some decent force. A bit like pulling out a tooth.

battery is a cr2032 3v

all settings seem to remain and can only conclude this battery is good for keeping the time only

Just was given this procedure and tried it and works perfectly

If the battery top is 12 o'clock (looking at it from the back side of the battery), you press against the 9 o-clock position and angle the battery out of the socket, then slide your finger toward 12 o'clock to pop the battery out of the socket at which point you can easily grab it and pull it toward you out of the casing.

Hope this helps for other owners.

1187853100_batteryremoval2.thumb.jpg.3fd89e5d3e8492986f2d33549d3d159b.jpg

1073599610_batteryremoval1.jpg.368a67466fabb6c83413035d3e294667.jpg

Thats because the plastic holder has a lip around it to prevent the battery from sliding out. Now in this position it couldn't but those battery holder may be used in applications that mind find itself in any sort of position.

Manual says change everyb2 years and i think mine is dead. Sliding with screw driver. Machine on or off

This seems like a short lifespan. Anyone know why it's only 2 years? I've seen Gottliebs with the original 3v batteries in them that still have plenty of juice left.

Yes, thanks @pinball god for the reminder. For the sake of $3 each, I just changed the lithium battery on my GB (CR2032 - Stern Spike 1) and TWD (CR2430 - Stern SAM). Did it with the machine on and used fingers to remove each battery. Quite a simple process from Rob's advice. Probably didn't need the change but going to do it every 2-3 years anyway.

This seems like a short lifespan. Anyone know why it's only 2 years? I've seen Gottliebs with the original 3v batteries in them that still have plenty of juice left.

probably right but battery was dead and so needed replacing. Also game was pretty much off for 6 months or so while I was selling/moving house so don't know if that makes the battery work harder or not