Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dead Cells - PLAY THIS GAME!

Dead Cells, it's amazing. PLAY IT! I don't care what on, it's on PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One. JUST PLAY IT! Godamn, this game is the best thing to happen to 2D platformers in decades. It's a beautiful mix of Metroid, Castlevania, Dark Souls, Spleunky and Rogue Legacy. It's basically one of the most addictive games I've ever played. It would be bloody amazing to put it into an arcade cabinet, the game is perfect for it.

Short game session are normal and in the weeks that I have been playing it (from Early Access to current release) I have never finished the game. I am currently on a run that has taken me up to the second last level and it is sphincter tightening stuff. So much to lose as every time you die, it's all the way back to the start to do it all over again.

If you have any love for Castlevania, Metroid or Rougelikes, play this game.

I felt a little burned by Rogue Legacy, TBH, and am now very wary of anything roguelike. That said, i've only head good things about Dead Cells.

Personally i would recommend Hollow Knight as the best metroidvania i've ever encountered :) The final free content pack is about to drop, too.

EDIT: actually, HK is one of the finest games I've ever played. I won't hijack with a video though, should make another thread :)

Edited by buttersoft

I felt a little burned by Rogue Legacy, TBH, and am now very wary of anything roguelike. That said, i've only head good things about Dead Cells.

Personally i would recommend Hollow Knight as the best metroidvania i've ever encountered :) The final free content pack is about to drop, too

For the first time, I made it to the final boss of Dead Cells last night. I died, very quickly and didn't even get the boss down to 2/3 of his health. I have no idea how I will ever beat that boss, but godammit, I am going to keep trying.

I finished Rogue Legacy 3 times over, that game just clicked with me on a whole other level. Dead Cells shares a lot of similarities, but is generally better in every way.