Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinbrawl Tournament - Sydney

Just thought I should post a new thread on this

I believe they are going to try and run this the first Sunday of every month. Winner gets a Samsung Galaxy Tab (for the first event anyway)

Here is the info from the Facebook page:

The very first Pinbrawl Pinball Tournament at The Bald Faced Stag!

Come play an afternoon of pinball with everyone at The Bald Faced Stag, the tournament will start at 2 o'clock, will only cost $10 to register and you'll get an hour and a half (could vary depending on turnout) with all the machines on free play to record some of the highest scores on each machine to qualify for the 16 contestant Knockout Tournament!

There will be prizes for the winner and runner up so start practicing.

The Rules:

There will be an hour and a half (could vary depending on turnout) qualifying round to determine the 16 players to enter the final tournament.

Qualifying points system:

The top 12 recorded scores from each machine will be awarded qualifying points. The top 16 players will then qualify for the finals. Tied qualifying scores that result in more that 16 finalists will trigger a sudden death round where the lowest tied qualifying players will play a single game for an additional point.

1st - 15 points

2nd - 12 points

3rd - 10 points

4th - 9 points

5th- 8 points

6th - 7 points

7th - 6 points

8th - 5 points

9th - 4 points

10th - 3 points

11th - 2 points

12th - 1 point

Following the Qualifying round will be a Single elimination knockout tournament.

Single Elimination: Players compete head-to-head in a standard bracket. The winner of each match advances in the bracket while the loser is eliminated from the tournament.

List of machines:

The Avengers (Stern, 2012)

Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)

Black Rose (Bally, 1992)

Cirqus Voltaire (Bally, 1997)

Pinbrawl will be on the first Sunday of every month.

A massive thanks to Z Ball Pinball are helping to make all this possible and to The Bald Faced Stag having us.

Follow us on Instagram - pinbrawl

Contact us - contactpinbrawl@gmail.com

How do you play Black Rose for points? Never played it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collect “sink ship” letters, load the cannon, shoot the broadside to sink ship = 20mil, goes up by increments of 10mil each consecutive ship you sink.

Congratulations to Pat for a rocksolid performance in scoring the win. Hot and sweaty seems to be the go in the sudden death knockout arena, was another fun day with more new faces,very keen , a great example of promoting pinball and the pleasure of open competition. Thanks to Alex and MDW for running it, looking forward to the next one.

(great ckicken burgers by the way)

Big thanks to Alex and MDW for running the comp. As there hadn't been a weekend comp in Sydney for a few years I thought I should try and get along to it :)

First thing I noticed was that the usual pinball crowd wasn't there and there was a bunch of regular punters there playing in their first pinball competition. Some of the people seemed like it was their first time even playing pinball :)

Qualifying was basically "If you can get on a machine have a go and take a photo of your score" which lasted for about 3 hours. The funny thing was it was top 16 qualify but I think there were only about 16 people entered into the event.

When it came time for the finals I was more nervous playing against some of the people who didnt know what they were doing. My first finals game on Avengers and I only scored 2.2million. Opponent scored 1.8 and it was basically only because I knew how to get a skill shot that I won that match. Same thing happened on Black Rose. Skill shots got me through...

Ended up having two really good rounds on Cirqus to finish up. My opponent in the final match said he had only played pinball about 10 times in his life. He was stoked to get to the finals and won himself $50 and a trophy. Dare say he will be back for the next round of Pinbrawl on May 6th. Hopefully can get a few more people along to this one.

Cheers to Ron and Mark for the company at the Annandale having a few games on Guardians.

p.s - also if you are playing AFM and it asks if you want to play in novice mode or regular mode - NEVER CHOOSE NOVICE MODE! hahaha. Played one ball, got "multiball" and no extra balls came out. Drained the single ball and game over. wtf?

What Pat has so well described is the element of unpredictability that so randomly rears its head especially in knockout pinball comps - we all know that ,but what was so good to see was the newcomers from all cages in the zoo having a red hot crack and really enjoying the ups and downs of the ride. Competition and fun both thrive side by side in the pinball world at all levels, and events like this, a bit like Flip Frenzy in slow motion, are imo the best way to promote the sport, the sites and the machines at grassroots level...again, much obliged to those who put them on for us.... and yes, hope for more starters next month !

Great to watch that Guardians beast so gracefully tamed, lovely play Pat, mauls me just about everytime. See y'all soon, cheers

• 1 month later...