Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Multiple Issues with Cyclone - where do i start

RaoulJuke

Question

Hoping I can get some help - just got my Cyclone back from a 10 day holiday on site and its buggin' out

From about half an hour of playing around with it the issues i am picking up are

-Game keeps resetting randomly

The biggest issue & one I'm most concerned about. Am I right in that its likely a power supply and/or board issue? Boards were re-co'd only about 1.5 years ago so not sure if the latter would be true. Had never done this previously/

GI lights on left side of PF not working

I've diagnosed the issue here to be on the power supply board - its either the yellow wires in the bottom left of the play field - or the connector next to it ( which has been soldered directly to the board from previous owner). I have been able to get them to work, by re-positioning those wires, however nothing sustainable -they end up not working again.

Ball not ejecting back into play after skill shot

Got no idea on what is happening here - wires to the coil and mech all seem fine - what should be my next stop after that to test?

Spinning wheel not working, or only sometimes working

hard to put my finger on its irregular success rate - probably 3/10 success rate - seems to have a higher success rate when the GI light situation is working - could it be related?

Hope someone can give me some direction please - i generally find 1 issue at a time hard to diagnose and correct - 4 at once, i don't know where to start

5 answers to this question

I’ve had boards repaired before that still give trouble

So I usually just put brand new boards in and be done with it saves so much hassle, yeah there’s the expense but if it’s a keeper I reckon it’s worth it

You don’t know anyone close with similar machine that you can try swapping boards to give it a test to see if that’s the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had boards repaired before that still give trouble

So I usually just put brand new boards in and be done with it saves so much hassle, yeah there’s the expense but if it’s a keeper I reckon it’s worth it

You don’t know anyone close with similar machine that you can try swapping boards to give it a test to see if that’s the problem?

Ive got a Banzai Run which i think uses the same power Supply board so might be able to swap that out, however a bit hesitant to do it due to the Cyclone PS having that modded connector soldered directly into the board - would mean i;d have to connect it the same way to test it and would prefer to not tamper and be soldering directly to on the BR board.

Does it seem likely though that the issues with the reset are associated with the PS board?

The soldered on mod might be what’s causing part of your problems

But then there may be someone else that knows a bit more that might be able steer you in the right direction.

Good luck with it I know trying to find multiple issues can be a nightmare.

Does Cyclone have those little relay boards for the GI? They seem to be the #1 failure point for GI on system 11s for me. Usually, the solder cracks on the pin header, but I've had the solder on pins on the relay themselves go too.

Does Cyclone have those little relay boards for the GI? They seem to be the #1 failure point for GI on system 11s for me. Usually, the solder cracks on the pin header, but I've had the solder on pins on the relay themselves go too.

Yeah did have a look at that and pretty sure that is still alright. I'm pretty sure the issue is up off that power supply board as if i go around re-positioning those wires circled in red 1 & 3, they can start to work. (this i a stock photo - not of my actual board ). I've also noticed that the connecter in circle 2 looks like it has a burn out pin as there is burn marks on it.

Also, I'm the guy who purchased your fading DMD via Facebook - ironically that happened from a power supply board issue.

What leads to power supply issues like this? Both times I've sited machines for only a week or 2 - they have come back with power supply board issues - the other one blew within a fortnight of it being back and only a handful of games being put into it?