Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

USB speakers - any reccomendations ?

I found the logitech z530's I had worked very well. I used two + sub for one cab, and two + sub (of different brand) for another cab. The little satellite tweeter cones were on plastic mounts inside the housings, and that plastic mount could be adapted to fit over old lowboy speaker holes perfectly - with a black cardboard surround to prevent the fluoro showing through at all. They generate next to no magnetic field so won't touch a CRT, and the RHS front speaker had a volume pot and PCB i could dismount. And as with most subs/speakers, the magnetic field comes out front and back, so if you mount the sub down on the bottom of the cab it should touch a CRT either :)

The z530's are older now, and there was a 2.1 version also but i can't seem to find the model no. You might be able to find something second hand.

EDIT: or are you not talking about a cab-mounting operation, here?

I found the logitech z530's I had worked very well. I used two + sub for one cab, and two + sub (of different brand) for another cab. The little satellite tweeter cones were on plastic mounts inside the housings, and that plastic mount could be adapted to fit over old lowboy speaker holes perfectly - with a black cardboard surround to prevent the fluoro showing through at all. They generate next to no magnetic field so won't touch a CRT, and the RHS front speaker had a volume pot and PCB i could dismount. And as with most subs/speakers, the magnetic field comes out front and back, so if you mount the sub down on the bottom of the cab it should touch a CRT either :)

The z530's are older now, and there was a 2.1 version also but i can't seem to find the model no. You might be able to find something second hand.

EDIT: or are you not talking about a cab-mounting operation, here?

coffee table job, no sub needed. Want to reduce the power plugs/points to monitor and pi only.

coffee table job, no sub needed. Want to reduce the power plugs/points to monitor and pi only.

Have used these in the past for pi projects before and they sound much better than other cheap usb powered speakers i have used.

You won't get massive sound but if you want half decent audio on the cheap in a usb powered speaker they do a good job.

Edifier M1250 2.0

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Speakers/2.0/27686-M1250?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkZK5ir373AIVWa6WCh2fVQI-EAQYBCABEgLskPD_BwE

I have used a variety of speakers. Some small 2 speaker ones on ebay for $9 bucks, sound decent not much bass. Used logitech Z213 pretty decent for $37. Also used the burrows 2.1 from officeworks for $19 which aren't to bad.