Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Indy gets jealous of STTNG when she needs attention.

gapmaster

Question

What is going on with these flippers?

This is happening when its turned on just sitting there or when you push the start button and fire her up.

I am not touching the flipper buttons for this to happen.

aka George

Edited by gapmaster

17 answers to this question

What is going on with these flippers?

This is happening when its turned on just sitting there or when you push the start button and fire her up.

I am not touching the flipper buttons for this to happen.

aka George

The left flipper looks like hold voltage, kindof. Noticing when the right flipper tweaks is tied to the left flipper creeping up, right flipper also looks like some kind of "surge" into the hold voltage. What makes it a bit weird is no button activations? . Something's crossed up somewhere...

- - - Updated - - -

I found some footage of the ToM.

https://youtu.be/ydohUsMIZvw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the same thing but in many ways something similar. This looks more like simulataneous (to both flippers) Hi Power, short pulses.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a similar (yet many ways different) issue to solve with my Getaway atm...

Unlike both of these it is in attract mode as well, also unlike both of these it is happening from button presses. My first thought for my problem was diodes, but not conclusive enough to go changing them all yet (diodes all look fine on inspection, none cracked)

When in attract mode holding a flipper button (either) makes that flipper "creep" up (both only if both are pressed)... happens basically the same degree to both flippers. When playing and Both flippers are activated Sometimes Both stay up, then drop after a while. But in gameplay this never happens using one flipper at a time.

I have several suspicions, but the next thing I am going to do is try an alternate Fliptronics board to see how that will affect the issue.

For the Getaway it Seems like the hold voltage could be elevated for some reason. As far as I'm aware hold voltage is active during attract mode but not usually enough to make the flippers move... Could be a few different possibilities for the cause. My flippers also surge a little as they creep up (while button held in attract mode). Wondering about all sorts of causes, even maybe some shorted windings in a flipper coil....

They all have one thing in common, very unusual faulty flipper behaviour.

Going to be getting in to troubleshooting my Getraway problem tomorrow I hope...

I’ll add to the ToM problem that the fliptronic board was replaced with a known working one and no change. The footage shows a lot of dual flips but the left one actually does it by itself a fair bit, just didn’t capture it.

Have you tried another board in yours @gapmaster ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disconnect the flipper opto boards and see if the flippers still twitch, looks like a flipper opto is dirty or 12v to opto problem to me.
I'll have a look tonight when I home but from memory the opto boards have been removed.

aka George

I'll have a look tonight when I home but from memory the opto boards have been removed.

aka George

The opto's at the flipper buttons? have they been replaced with contact switch's? Are there any Mod's using the 12v supply?

Here's a vid of the Getaway...

Both flipper buttons held in the entire duration of the video. If buttons are not pressed there is no issues in attract mode, but when playing occasionally the flippers would stay up for a moment when both flippers were pressed at the same time.

I checked over coils again before changing out the Fliptronics board, replacing the board solved all behavior issues.

Now need to go over the offending board to see what I can find...