Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tournaments at Flipout 2018 - December 1 & 2

Hi all. Though there is still more information to be finalised, wanted to let everyone know about the tournaments at Flipout 2018 on December 2018 in Melbourne at the Sandbelt Hotel 630 South Road Moorabbin (same place as last year).

Tickets have gone on sale from the Mr Pinball website at http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/ hence why I'm getting this out as soon as I can so people can lock in tickets.

Event info will be shared at a later stage but there will be 2 tournaments at the event. The main tournament will have qualifying on Saturday till 7pm with A division and B division finals. There will also be a Flip Frenzy on Saturday night from 8pm till 11pm which will be capped - depending on how many machines we are able to get (min 50 players - max 90 I'd say)

Entry fee for the Main comp is $25. Flip Frenzy is $15. Daily general admission to Flipout is either $30 each day or $50 for the weekend. There are 50 x All Access passes now available for $100 - you will get access to both days entry, both tournaments a t-shirt and a show bag. T-shirts will be available for purchase at a later date (probably $25 ea) as will individual tournament tickets. The main tournament will not be capped, the Flip Frenzy will.

The main tournament will be a herb style format (or pump n dump if you like) with unlimited qualifying on Saturday from 10am to 7pm. The price of entry is $25 which gives you 8 entries (the minimum requirement to qualify). Extra entries will be able to be purchased - 1 game for $3, 4 games for $10, 9 games for $20, 20 games for $40. Qualifying will be on 8 different machines (ie: at least 1 score on each 8 machines) and scoring will be similiar to other best game formats eg: 100 points for 1st, 95 for 2nd, 93 for 3rd etc (titles also TBA, a mix from all eras). Prizes will include trophies for the Top 3 finalists in A division as well as the winner of B division plus plaques for 2nd and 3rd place of B division. The prize pool will be made up of the entry fee + additional entries - trophy costs and split 70% to division A and 30% to division B.

There will be 16 players in the division A finals (qualifiers 1-16) and 8 players in the B division finals (qualifiers 17-24). 1 game tiebreakers will be played in the event of tied results for 16th and 24th.

B division finals will commence at 10am and A division finals will commence at 1pm. Round will be 4 player matchplay with top 2 players from each round progressing. Scoring will be 4, 2, 1, 0.

Further split of the prize money will be:

A division 1st place: 65% of division A prize pool

A division 2nd place: 20% of division A prize pool

A division 3rd place: 10% of division A prize pool

A division 4th place: 5% of division A prize pool

B division will be the same with the prize pool available for B.

Does it sound like INDISC so far? It should.

The Flip Frenzy tournament will be from 8pm to 11pm - you know how Flip Frenzies go. If you don't - have a listen to a podcast called Head2Head Pinball, they talk about this all the time. All machines will be allocated for this event however for those that have purchased day or weekend passes you will still be able to spectate if not signed up for the comp. Currently the only way to purchase a ticket to the flip frenzy is to buy an "all access" pass which is capped at 50 tickets/players - they will sell out fast so get in quick!!! Additional tickets will go on sale at a later date - I hope to give you plenty of notice that time - we need to confirm the total number of machines available before we know how many more tickets can be released.

There is alot more information to come, needed to get this out quick as tickets are already on sale.

Edited by Martymainframe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have an extra $100 full access pass for flipout if anyone wants it for $80. Emily has school stuff on so you’ll have to be my date!

If no-one else has taken it John, I'd like to buy it.

Please PM me and I can make a manual bank deposit on Wed or Thu.

Cheers,

G

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I won a 'general admission' to Flipout 2018 in a tournament while in Melbourne. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, so I'd like to do a quick give-away here, if that's okay.

The first person to answer all of these questions correctly will take my entry ticket.

Answer the following questions here in this thread (below, no PM):

A- How many weapons do you need to collect in The Walking Dead to get to Horde?

B- Who is the number #1 player in Australia currently and what are his initials?

C- What are the initials of Keith Elwin?

D- What is the max bonus one can get in one ball of Harlem Globetrotters?

E- How many spins do you need on the left orbit of Deadpool PRO to start the disco multiball?

F- What's Marty's favourite drink?

G- How many seasons of TV villains are there on Batman 66?

H- What is Escher Lefkoff's Twitch channel name?

Please don't quote the whole message, just answer like this: A- answer, B- answer, C- answer, etc.

Upon winning, I will PM you, and ask your address and mail it to you.

Good luck.

Update: "General admission" had nothing to do with the IFPA component. My bad, I had assumed wrongly. Still passing the ticket to RGR.

Edited by Nicolas Noben
"general admission"

You pretty much got it but on D, Max bonus is actually 40K + 9K (single digit inserts), x5 is 245K. :)

FYI RGR gets the ticket. Thanks all. Good luck that weekend, I wish I could have made it.

Edited by Nicolas Noben
minor

Confirming as I've had a couple of people ask. The Flip Frenzy comp on the Saturday night will be using most of the machines in the main room. There will be some of the newer titles like The Mafia, JJP POTC and Oktoberfest (if it arrives in time) that will be left out, as we don't want to give them a beating and the code might be too early to be comp ready, as well as a couple more machines in the seminar room. So if you have a day pass and not wanting to be in the Flip Frenzy there will be some machines to play and you are more than welcome to spectate/cheer people on but the majority will be used for the comp. I therefore recommend getting a FF ticket now here: http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/flipout-flip-frenzy-tournament-ticket-saturday-dec-1st-2018/

The Flip Frenzy ticket is in addition to the entry fee as it is a separately run event and all the money gained from comp entries goes straight back into prize money and trophies (not making a dime folks).

So far 60 all access passes have been sold which includes entry in all tournaments and additional Flip Frenzy tickets will be capped. They will be released in block of 20 to we don't oversell it as it will depend on how many machines we have (approx 2.2 players per machine). Don't forget if you bring a machine you get free entry to Flipout and some other swag that Mr Pinball is putting together so the more machines the more players!!!!

Any questions - let me know!!