Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My BlueStorm XS (Sega Astro City ish clone)

Hey guys and girls. I am very new to arcades but with the help of my co-worker you all know as Kaizen, I have bought myself my first arcade! Now yes I know it's a clone. But I love it. I really wanted a vewlix or astro city because I travel to Japan alot and play them over there!

Basically my plans with this is to run it from my PC as well as the briefcase pc that it came with. I have bought a JPAC to connect it. I'm trying to setup my spare computer but I'm not having much luck and may have to get another one :(

Who here has been connecting their pc with more modern hardware like current generation amd cards to 15khz screens? Or will I definitely have to go through Gumtree etc and find and older card?

Here's a couple of pics of my arcade anyway :D

F113898C-7530-4ECA-8504-765015D22CEE.thumb.jpg.303c0df66ea3bfef974c663e46224d11.jpg740D3D15-3A38-4202-8AD6-286EF82EC7CC.thumb.jpg.778b99b70a87524d4286c58140fba159.jpg

Thanks I'll re read his thread. It doesn't say it can use current generation cards on the main page of crt emudriver so going to go for a second hand one.

I do want to run more than mame which is my main drama haha. I'm a big snes fan so looking getting them running through retro arch. Plus I love the newer tekken games too, me and my partner play them for hours in the arcades on a vewlix :D

Will have more of a play around tomorrow too!

So I got my computer working and I bought an r7 360 which is supported by crt emudriver. Installed. Followed the install guide. But screen shows like this?

743849CB-4006-4481-BE93-5BD43E48254F.thumb.jpg.e4973671eb114f7d403046a8a042fde0.jpg

This is after enabling the edid emulation. Actually on my TV it doesn't go out of sync but the aspect ratio kind of changes.

No idea what I'm doing wrong :(

Edit: it's running through my jpac. Is there something I need to change on it with the jumpers?

The Jpac does not want composite sync, if you enabled it in VMM you should turn it off again. And make sure the 15kHz-only jumper is set on the Jpac. After that, IDK really. Is the picture stable like shown, or moving/rolling vertically? What happens when you adjust the v-hold pot on the chassis?

EDIT: Try a coupld of things, and then mb post up on the crt_emudriver forums :)

Edited by buttersoft

I'm so happy :D I adjusted the vertical hold and it fixed. Was off by like half of a millimetre! Hopefully this helps other newbs like me on the internet if theirs is flickering / scrolling with crt emudriver haha

I'm stoked! Now to do the setup properly!!

Thank you :D

Will report back soon with updates

• 5 weeks later...

So I have done a few things so far. I painted the screen surround black like on an Astro City. I fit green and pink genuine Sanwa 30mm buttons. I've ordered green and pink ball tops.

I've also got my pc inside and running. 80% setup with Attract mode.

I wanted to add an escape button and have the coin button but I didn't want it to be confusing. The coin button is under the control panel. On the Blue Storm it comes with a real coin mech on the door but also a fake one in the position of the original Astro City spot on the control panel. I decided to make use of this.

Basically I made a bracket and mounted a spare push button switch to it that sits under the fake coin mech on the control panel. I ground out the fake coin mech so a coin can slip through it and glued a real 100 yen coin to the switch under the mech. Turned out great!

99AE909F-65B7-45B8-9F32-C5F2A7D99B64.thumb.jpg.e41a78ca9bd117271e1ca40e87642638.jpg

A1AA22E4-F3D3-4EB2-A9FF-1594B6BAC77C.thumb.jpg.55aaaa36b9c21d40d6fa86ab62a05172.jpg

52CA7AED-9AA3-46FE-BB87-1B3B52829BAA.thumb.jpg.70e943cc1cf601c3d8ebab8c5f73b3de.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Travis