Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Championship Series Final, 15-17 February 2019, Canberra

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of hard to respond to an email when you never get one.

Easy tiger. Using language like that toward someone responsible for organising this tournament you musn't be considering attending?

Kind of hard to respond to an email when you never get one.

You've never actually identified who you are to me. This isn't the first time you've taken that sort of attitude with me on this forum under that username. Kind of makes it hard to know whether I have or not if you hide your identity from me. I have sent the email address you have listed for this forum.

As much as it offends my green sensibilities I hv found some flights via syd and melb using points that can get me there for $180 so I am now attending if someone else pulls out. Have spoken to Luke and he will let me know if something turns up.

Looks like there’s going to be a great turn out for ACS and side comps. We’re looking forward to hosting Australia’s best pinsters.

For those still scoping out accommodation the two closest (and reasonably priced $125-$170) are Belconnen Way Hotel and Serviced Apartments (2.5km from the Basement) and the Premier Hotel and Apartments (1.5km away).

Airfares into Canberra are ridiculous as our fabulous leaders on the Hill start back at work that week. Those arriving Friday will probably witness the exodus of pollies at the airport, and those leaving Monday will see them all returning!

If you have any questions (re Canberra) feel free to ask away and either myself, Pete (Menzel) or James (Todd) or any other friendly VCPer will do our best to answer!!

Look forward to seeing you all!

Chrys (aka Ladybug)

As much as it offends my green sensibilities I hv found some flights via syd and melb using points that can get me there for $180...

Feel free to use the same logic that I do...

(a) Those flights are coming and going with or without you.

(b) If you're prone to miss flights (like I often do), think of the nanograms of fuel you'll save the airline while they still get to gobble on your fare!

Feeding the money hungry is an occupation in itself :cool:.

Glad your coming.

Cheers,

G

As much as it offends my green sensibilities I hv found some flights via syd and melb using points that can get me there for $180 so I am now attending if someone else pulls out. Have spoken to Luke and he will let me know if something turns up.

I fail to see the logic of you not being able to take your spot now...

maybe because the people who have been given the green light to fill the spot have booked flights & accomodation

Paul is on the money. We can't take a spot away from someone who had already accepted their invitation.

Greg had initially declined, but he is next in line if anyone else says "no".

Yeah, only fair to those who have committed. Me changing my mind is my problem.

If the people who are currently maybes make up their mind that would help me as the FF points flights i have found will eventually disappear. And it would help lou too who is hoping to share accommodation with me.

Please in future years can organisers communicate the schedule by October so we can book cheap flights?

Please in future years can organisers communicate the schedule by October so we can book cheap flights?

I second that suggestion. It would make it a lot easier to get reasonable air fares and hotel.

Also, I really think that it is problematic to have the finals in February. For the people who are definitely in, it's not a problem. But it's hard on people who are below the cut-off line and get to compete only if other people above them pull out. We are now a month away from the event, and we still do not have the final definitive list of attendees. So, if I'm someone who is kicking around just below the cut-off line, I'm still waiting for the go/no-go, but I have less than a month to make arrangements (buy flights, book accommodation, apply for leave at work, arrange babysitter, etc.)

If we run the finals in March instead, but require people to commit before the end of January, it's possible to have a definitive attendee list well in advance, making it easier for interstate people to keep costs down and arrange for the weekend away.

Michi.