Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Championship Series Final, 15-17 February 2019, Canberra

A quick heads-up: the date and venue for the final of the current season of the IFPA Australian Championship Series have been locked in. It will be held on the weekend of 15-17 February, 2019, at The Basement, 2 Cohen St, Belconnen ACT.

Every IFPA endorsed tournament in Australia earns players points towards qualifying. The top 48 players in the ACS rankings (https://encapsulated.com.au/acs/) at the end of the calendar year will be invited to play in the ACS Final. Each player's 20 best results in tournaments held in Australia in 2018 count towards their ranking.

Any players in the top 48 who can't attend will be replaced by the next-highest available qualifiers.

The Final will consist of round robin group match play rounds on the Saturday, and head-to-head elimination matches on the Sunday.

There are also side events that are open to all.

Here's the schedule:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141372[/ATTACH]

More details and registration info here:

http://chunkout.com/2019%20ACS%20-%20details.pdf

List of qualifiers and confirmed attendees here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDDSjQblNOqyRz35n_qenDi4EyKNPZHxrKj0Budr8DM/

Pool A:

Jason Lambert

Michi Henning

Nicolas Noben

Travis Bishop

Mike Pascale

Michael Costalos

Tom Casey

Dirk Booy

Brett Goodwin

Jessica DeNardo

Connor Stowe

Andre Thomson

Michael McMinn

Tim Walle

Marcus Sezonov

Emily Cosson

Pool B:

Paul Jones

Richard Rhodes

Grant Quinn

Pat Nichols

Luke Marburg

Nigel Grypstra

Rob Milla

Martin Robbins

Tim Chapman

Grant Stephens

Stacey Borg

David Clarke

Hugh Dickson

Paul Carter

Lou Martire

Rob Burnes

Pool C:

Peter Watt

Gino Thimios

Chris Wade

Tony Woods

Thibaut Allender

Jacob Paint

Jonathan Chabowski

Michael Saunders

Gavin Drogemuller

Jimmy Nails

Ryan Cee

Stuart Thornton

Simon Peel

Kim Dozier

Matthew Owen

Logan Jones

LIVE SCORES HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X9Ok-W2uh0ezuxilPnNrk79Xu3-ctI31dS-O92F-Y8Q/edit#gid=2114454424

ACS.thumb.jpg.4a9fd51810dc3681752b5f2fa41952b0.jpg

Edited by LCM
added updated pools

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2019 Australian Championship Series (ACS) - Canberra - 15th, 16th and 17th February

Proudly sponsored by AMD, the 2019 IFPA ACS Pinball will be held in Canberra:

Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of February 2019

1863279241_2019ACS-Poster.thumb.jpg.9dd8480a60e824d9c365e4e220bd4460.jpg

2019 ACS Pinball will be held in Canberra

Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of February 2019

Save the date!

And we are already talking about 2019

Time is flying.

Hope to make it to another ACS

🤞🤞🤞🤞✌️✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Tiger Air have a sale on flights this week, ending at noon AEDT this Friday. The sale covers flights booked for mid-Jan until the end of March 2019.

I know not everyone knows if they will qualify for the ACS as yet, but for those that do, you could save some $$$

Tiger Air have a sale on flights this week, ending at noon AEDT this Friday. The sale covers flights booked for mid-Jan until the end of March 2019.

Tiger only flies to Canberra from Brisbane and Melbourne. Luckily 70% of people who qualify for ACS are from those places :)

Could someone remind me of the venue again please?

I know Lambo already told me on faceybook but I failed to write it down in my diary :/

P.S. - I'm "considering" driving there (from South Brisbane) if there's someone needing a lift. I haven't fully committed to the idea yet, but it's on the cards - only space for one passenger though as it's a ute.

It would be great to know estimated start finish times on each day, as for those of us who are booking air travel this makes a pretty big difference whether we can attend or not, or whether we need to look at staying extra days etc. For me particularly, would like to know what time the finish is planned on the last day (earlier is generally better for those flying so we can get home Sunday arv/night for work on Monday).

• 2 weeks later...
The schedule for the weekend has not yet been confirmed. Details will be posted here as soon as they're known.

Time is getting short to book flights and accommodation. Would be good to get some indication soon!

Michi.

Edited by Michi

Still working through details, but at this stage we know we’ll have a comp Friday and Saturday night. A fairly full day Saturday, and finished by 5pm Sunday.

Expect to start some time after 6pm on Friday, most likely something like a 3 hour comp 7pm to 10pm

Still working through details, but at this stage we know we’ll have a comp Friday and Saturday night. A fairly full day Saturday, and finished by 5pm Sunday.

Expect to start some time after 6pm on Friday, most likely something like a 3 hour comp 7pm to 10pm

Thanks. So if I’m reading it correctly 2 side tournaments and the ACS main event?

• 2 weeks later...