Thread: Gotlieb Funland

State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goodolddays View Post
    The best part Rob is its a single player which is definitely my preference with EM's due to better game play .. imagine if it was 5 years ago .. cost of parts + postage from USA was much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    I agree with you there I think the single playerís are the way to go especially if your new to EMís

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)
    Looks awesome Rob. I had a dodgy fuse clip too but I cleaned it up and all is good.
    I love funlands backglass it is a great image capturing a great scene with lots of little details. As a young lad I spent alot of time gazing at 1966 central parks backglass which also had lots of eye catching things going on. So much detail in these older ones.
    I'd rather nut out an EM than be sorting out a power supply board or some piece of electronics that makes absolutely no sense.
    It will all be worth it when she is purring like new with the bells and clickety klak.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)

Tried getting the machine to reset properly and Iíve got something that keeps blowing the 15 amp playfield fuse so will have to try sort out what is causing that to happen

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbleseven View Post
    Looks awesome Rob. I had a dodgy fuse clip too but I cleaned it up and all is good.
    I love funlands backglass it is a great image capturing a great scene with lots of little details. As a young lad I spent alot of time gazing at 1966 central parks backglass which also had lots of eye catching things going on. So much detail in these older ones.
    I'd rather nut out an EM than be sorting out a power supply board or some piece of electronics that makes absolutely no sense.
    It will all be worth it when she is purring like new with the bells and clickety klak.

I have always say to people are works of art and pieces of history that you can play.. its a win/win.
    In a couple of years when I have more room I will be decorating my man cave with some back glass art for sure

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    typo ... pinballs are works of art ....

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Tried getting the machine to reset properly and Iíve got something that keeps blowing the 15 amp playfield fuse so will have to try sort out what is causing that to happen

I got a circuit breaker from jaycar when fault finding. So you can reset it without buying fuses. Aligator clips help too

State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)

Made a bit of progress today I got the old girl to reset back to zero score spit out a ball into the shooter lane, and flippers are powered up for the first time and you can play it however she still needs a lot of work, a lot of switches need adjustments and cleaning, and Iím still having trouble starting a game using the credit button Iím having to do it manually with the start relay, and also canít leave it on to long at a time because itís continuously buzzing so I have to check all the switches as it sounds like one is stuck on.
    But having said all that Iím wrapt to see it going even in its present form after having it stripped down to bare bones I just have to slowly work through and sort out all the bugs but itís heading in the right direction.

These circuit breakers from Jaycar are pretty handy also and save going through a shit load of fuses trying to sort out faults
    https://i.imgur.com/cteA4Ko.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OpqzZjh.jpg

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)
    Soon you will enjoying this pin and all that hard work will be worth it. It looks fantastic and will play great. Almost there mate. Clean and adjust and nut out these faults and then you can enjoy it!! Great stuff Rob!

State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbleseven View Post
    Soon you will enjoying this pin and all that hard work will be worth it. It looks fantastic and will play great. Almost there mate. Clean and adjust and nut out these faults and then you can enjoy it!! Great stuff Rob!

Iím starting to see the light at the end of that long tunnel mate and itís s good feeling when it all starts coming together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information