Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I ended up with 3, a pal one I was using, a boxed JP one but the pal cart prices are nuts so I picked up another JP one to use, just take out the lock out tabs and it will play both US and JP carts, way cheaper and easier to get IMO

And my pal console is just tucked away in the wardrobe and easily swapped of if I need it

Actually, an NTSC one with an Everdrive and converter cart is the best setup. I just keep the PAL one and other stuff for exhibitions & the like!

yep

everdrive is the way to go

love these things and love the n64!

nothing beats golden eye 4 player action

that shit is intense

Can I ask about Everdrive NTSC support? I finished my RGB Mod a few weeks ago and realised I just don't have enough games to play haha. I'm very keen on 60hz variants because I'm intolerant of slowed down soundtracks for one. If I buy the $$$ N64 Everdrive will it play all of the NTSC games on my PAL unit OK? Mario Kart PAL is just so slow.

Can I ask about Everdrive NTSC support? I finished my RGB Mod a few weeks ago and realised I just don't have enough games to play haha. I'm very keen on 60hz variants because I'm intolerant of slowed down soundtracks for one. If I buy the $$$ N64 Everdrive will it play all of the NTSC games on my PAL unit OK? Mario Kart PAL is just so slow.

Everdrives are region agnostic, however the speed of the game depends on your console IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

There is no region mod for the N64. Also you will have to cut the tabs in the cartridge slot for US games to work in a Japanese console and vice versa. The Everdrive 64 is designed to work in either without having to cut the tabs.
The region MOD is cutting the tabs.

While the everdrive is region free, like you said. If you want to play US games on a jap the tabs need to be removed.

I will be RGB modding so I might as well but some tabs

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk