Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lethal Enforcers audio issues

NEO-GEO Man

Question

Hi all,

Has anyone found a workable solution to repairing the faulty sub board when it is damaged both sides?

I have 2 or 3 of them that simply replacing the caps was not enough, because the damage was beyond the top level of the sub-board.

The 1 board i have working was bought working perfectly, and i replaced the caps on that before much damage was done, so in theory, it should be fine for a very long time as far as that audio board goes.

The others worked to run the game, but had no audio.

11 answers to this question

They've made unpopulated repro of these I believe. I think you need to reuse the DAC though.

EDIT: Apologies, it's the 054544 board that was reproduced (the ASIC was also needed from the original)...

https://iankellogg.com/konami-sound-hybrid-054544-rev-2.html

Thanks mate ;) Im going to have to check that all out.

If there was a repro of just the bare board, there would be no issues re-using all the old chips from the original, as long as it is pretty easy to see what standard parts go where, such as resistors and capacitors.

@caius has reproduced these, but you do need to reuse your ASIC - hopefully yours is still ok

The ASIC will still be fine on all of them, its just the damage from leaky caps that has eaten too much of the board's tracks away, and has damaged connections on the underside.

My good working board came with caps only just starting to leak, i replaced all those and it has been perfect ever since.

@caius has reproduced these, but you do need to reuse your ASIC - hopefully yours is still ok

Yes, I have reproduced both Konami '054986A' and '054544' audio module (as well as many other custom chips) :

http://www.jammarcade.net/konami-054986a-and-054544-reproduction/

My reproductions are a 1:1 copy of the original module so they still need the '054321'ASIC.All other parts are common and easy to source.

I know someone else has reproduced them but I can say they are not identical to original module so they will not work as expected on some boards, be aware of this.It's not unfair advertising but the real truth.

Yes, I have reproduced both Konami '054986A' and '054544' audio module (as well as many other custom chips) :

My reproductions are a 1:1 copy of the original module so they still need the '054321'ASIC.All other parts are common and easy to source.

I know someone else has reproduced them but I can say they are not identical to original module so they will not work as expected on some boards, be aware of this.It's not unfair advertising but the real truth.

Sounds great mate ;) ill be looking to grab a couple when ive get time!

Where can i buy these in Australia??