Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Just joined AA

Hi,

My Name is Sean it's been 1 Day since my last tinker with an arcade machine.

I've been an Arcade Addict for nearly 30 Years now and have decided I'm now at the point in my life to finally get help by joining AA(Aussie Arcades).

It all started when I was but a reckless youngin' dropping the occasional 20 cents in the Galatica machines down at the local Fish N Chips not knowing where any of this would lead... the next thing I knew I was hitting the hard stuff... dropping baggies worth at the local arcade on Double Dragon and Golden Axe. This went on for years, from Bubble Bobble to TMNT Turtles in Time to Time Crisis I thought as time went on I'd kick the habit and grow out of it.

That was until one day someone in my family caught me at my absolute lowest of lows playing Dance Dance Revolution... and I KNEW I had a problem.

I managed to recover for a few years, things started to look up again life got ahead of me... but in the back of my mind I could feel myself wanting to start up again and feel the warm glow of a CRT. And I resisted... I promised myself never again... you can't give in to your urges. And then it HAPPENED.

I bought a broken Arcade Machine off Gumtree.

Please help me. :(

Welcome to AA. Post up a thread in the arcade section and let's get you started. I myself started down the same path some 8 years ago and now have 12 arcade machines and 4 pinball machines. I'd have more, but I need to sell shit due to lack of space :(

It's an addiction. Be warned.

Hi Sean. Great intro post. Welcome to AA . I think most of us here have either an Arcade or Pinball addiction... mine is Pinball but I also built an enclosed cockpit driving cab with Surround sound some years ago which is a lot if fun ..

I'm sure you will get lots of help and inspiration here.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app