Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Hey all, Ive always wanted a cocktail arcade machine and I came into possession of this machine. As you can see from the pics attached, the screen doesn't fill out the monitor and has line running across it. Is this something that is fixable or am i looking at replacing parts to get it displaying correctly? The game itself will allow me to add credits but will not play. I know the game was made by the sigma corperation and the game itself is not one that i have any interest in playing myself. Can i swap out the game for say Exciting hour Mat mania? Is this what they call a Jamma board?. Also the joystick on player 2 side is broken and im guessing would need to be replaced.

I am totally new to this and im basically looking for starting out advice. If you can point me in the way of guides that will help me out that would be great(one that are applicable to my type of machine).

Thanks Regards

Chris

20180806_104702.thumb.jpg.c1889c8d4bde769fde4b9c165f187015.jpg

20180806_104713.thumb.jpg.52e015ce77b841a5a170b23db949efa5.jpg

20180806_104726.thumb.jpg.d07f0103265bc7f4ef87d58bfd516594.jpg

20180806_104804.thumb.jpg.ea7730138ef068fb51dcae2c307ef4a0.jpg

20180806_104814.thumb.jpg.21eded88306a2c133f9cb34e793c4226.jpg

20180806_104819.thumb.jpg.3b82d4ec463cd41ad594be98fc58a462.jpg

20180806_104829.thumb.jpg.6eeef636229eade90a1bf11d3f44191f.jpg

20180806_104836.thumb.jpg.bb32ad81ab165397145adee186244a3a.jpg

20180806_104848.thumb.jpg.8c4b9fa549e108451fec8b6e0b7d7ba4.jpg

I dare say I will move the board on later, but I would like to get the machine and game working first, even ifs its only as a project for me to learn on. What is the general opinion about the screen. is it faulty or needs adjustment? any recomendations or guides that people can point towards when dealing with these screens as id like to save it rather than have to put something aftermarket in.

The screen (correct term is monitor) is working, looks like the brightness or screen adjustment needs turning down.

A monitor consists of a picture tube and chassis (PCB which drives the tube). On the chassis there will be a number of pots (dials) which adjust things like brightness, horizontal hold, vertical hold etc.

If you follow the cable with the suction cup on the tube back to the chassis it will lead to the location of the screen adjustmen pot, the focus adjustment is usually located there as well.

Be careful sticking your hands inside the cabinet when powered up as there is high voltages that can either give you a nasty whack or kill you.

The tube will also hold a charge even when switched off so don't remove the suction cap (anode) without discharging it first.

The game board fault will either be caused by incorrect voltages, dirty sockets or faulty components. It's not really something you can fix yourself unless you have some experience with electronics. I'd start by confirming the board is getting the correct voltages and then remove the socketed components, clean the legs with a.glass fibre pen, inspect the socket for corrosion, if they look okay then refit and test.

Some clear pics of the chassis would be helpful.

That's a board fault showing up in the pics though, not a monitor fault. (You can turn down the screen adjust as Kaizen suggests, to remove the greyish slanted lines. But that's not a fault, it's simply the screen adjust set a little too high. You can probably also find some controls for image size, position, etc.)

Yeah I have had several people say there are problems with the board, but that they can also be fixed. I have searched everywhere and I haven't been able to find much about this game machine which to my thinking would make it rare. So I am in a couple of minds. Part of me thinks it would be a shame if Lucky today was not restored to original condition which would mean the pcb would need repairing and also would need to fix the player 2 joystick and generally clean it all up. Where as the game is not one that I have interest in I am wondering whether I would be better off to get it fixed up and sell in a working condition or sell it off as is and get an all in machine. As much as i prefer original i really do want multiple games in one machine as i just dont have the space for multiple machines. I could also gut this machine and on sell the pcb which several people have expressed interest in and use the cabinet and build a multi machine ( which i feel would prolly kill off an arcade game that just doesn't seem to still be around these days as a full working original cabinet). Does anyone even know what the worth is of this game as i cant even find a single reference to one being sold of in the past.

Here's a couple of links with reference to the Artic Cocktail.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/53198-Artic-Cocktail-parts-needed-for-resto?highlight=artic

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/83971-Artic-Pinout?highlight=Artic+cocktail

The cabinet may be rare but not exactly collectible or valuable though it has it's place as part of Australian arcade gaming history.

Probably only worth a few hundred dollars.

It would be a shame to see it gutted though.

Edited by Kaizen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...