Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MS8-29 wiring help

felixthadog

Question

15 answers to this question

I think I worked this out, but would appreciate it if somebody could confirm my thinking :please: @prostkxy @lobsterboi @namastepat @bwodie @relapse

Connector in photo above joins to this:

1KAUlIL.jpg

Connector in photo above joins to this:

1MWleMM.jpg

Wires from connector in above photo connect to the Degauss button (purple & yellow) and the On/Off switch (grey & white) on the Admin panel:

WPzxADZ.jpg

Cheers,

Matthew

I took some photos of my Exceleena, mine is slightly different it has a 5 pin connecter. But the green doesn't seem to go anywhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133661[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the photos. Just to confirm, the 5-pin connector is coming straight from the chassis, and it joins to the other 5-pin connector which only has 4 wires (purple, yellow, grey & white)?

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi, here is a photo, but its hard to follow where it goes to the admin panel. I can take another look tomorrow.

Transformer2.jpg

transformer -> 2 yellows ->2-pin -> grey, white, green earth -> 3 pin -> grey, white, green earth, not exactly sure where it goes into on the panel. I would need to try and trace it but you maybe able to work it out from my previous post (these wires are held by black tie down on cabinet body in second photo)

Hi, here is a photo, but its hard to follow where it goes to the admin panel. I can take another look tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133685[/ATTACH]

transformer -> 2 yellows ->2-pin -> grey, white, green earth -> 3 pin -> grey, white, green earth, not exactly sure where it goes into on the panel. I would need to try and trace it but you maybe able to work it out from my previous post (these wires are held by black tie down on cabinet body in second photo)

Thanks again for your help. Could you please explain how the cable from the chassis (yellow, purple, grey & white wires) can go to the connector that then goes to the transformer AND to the Admin Panel? Is there a double adapter?

Cheers,

Matthew

Pretty sure I have a 3 pin connector coming from the trans/filter to the power supply, from the power supply i have the same connector with 4 conductors (2 ac, 2 degaus) connecting to the chassis, it has 5 conductors, the centre obviously doesn't connect to anything and it's earthed through the frame to the cabinet.

@lobsterboi I think I have this figured out now!

The wires in the bottom connector here:

Fyxayzf.jpg

Go past the transformer here:

YfEx2qI.jpg

Along the base of the cab here:

x89Wzwq.jpg

And up to the bottom connector here:

3pUMxNi.jpg

The wires in the top connector in the photo above then join the Degauss button (yellow, purple) and On/Off Switch (grey, white) on the Admin Panel.

Is that correct?

Cheers,

Matthew

Edited by felixthadog

Hi mate,

It looks to me as though your AC 240V is coming in (brown live, blue neutral, green earth), which then uses its live and neutral to connect to a step down, which is putting out 110v via the 2 yellow wires (which subsequently changes from yellow to white and grey wires via that molex connector)

So white and grey should be your 110v AC lines

Ill let someone else jump in for the other coloured wires

Hi mate,

It looks to me as though your AC 240V is coming in (brown live, blue neutral, green earth), which then uses its live and neutral to connect to a step down, which is putting out 110v via the 2 yellow wires (which subsequently changes from yellow to white and grey wires via that molex connector)

So white and grey should be your 110v AC lines

Ill let someone else jump in for the other coloured wires

Thanks @mrjamma The photos above are not mine, I am just trying to determine how it is wired up so I can copy it in my own cab.

Cheers,

Matthew

@lobsterboi I think I have this figured out now!

The wires in the bottom connector here:

Go past the transformer here:

Along the base of the cab here:

And up to the bottom connector here:

The wires in the top connector in the photo above then join the Degauss button (yellow, purple) and On/Off Switch (grey, white) on the Admin Panel.

Is that correct?

Cheers,

Matthew

Hey Matthew, Yes that's correct