Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hey Aussies! From a Redneck! (sort of)

Hello everyone! I found you out of frustration believe it or not. As if I didn't have enough tech to worry about, now I can't stop with the pinball. Of course, you get a little and it's never enough. Then you find you never (almost) have all the correct pieces at the same time, I mean, why don't they package all the crap into ONE ZIP? I'll never know. Anyway, I have always wanted to meet Aussies! It's the one place I'd love to see before I die. I look forward to arcade! Blessings to you and yours! Amanda

Hello everyone! I found you out of frustration believe it or not. As if I didn't have enough tech to worry about, now I can't stop with the pinball. Of course, you get a little and it's never enough. Then you find you never (almost) have all the correct pieces at the same time, I mean, why don't they package all the crap into ONE ZIP? I'll never know. Anyway, I have always wanted to meet Aussies! It's the one place I'd love to see before I die. I look forward to arcade! Blessings to you and yours! Amanda

Where from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dislaimer & More

Hello again. I'd like to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum. I'd also like to ask forgiveness if I offended anyone with my use of the word 'Redneck' to describe myself. I meant no offense as this is a term of endearment around these parts.

As for the pins I have; I overloaded myself on tables before I knew about ROMS, backglasses, kitchen sinks, etc so I am a bit overwhelmed. I've got many in my directory that give errors that I'm slowly working out but I think I'm going to have to restructure my whole setup in a more organized manner as things are scattered.

Well, here's a rundown of what I've tried so far.

Adventure vpt isn't all that but it does play smooth

Can't play none of the Airborne Avengers

Astonomer plays smooth as well but I don't think I have the video aspects correct because there are spots where I can't see the ball or where it's headed.

Atari Centipede 1.2.6 Not found

Which I don't think I liked any of these tables

Centaur plays but it is so dark, in more ways than one. Usually the ball hits a couple bumpers and goes straight down the middle as the recording plays 'Destroy Centaur'. Not sure but that may very well be either a fallen angel or a nephilim.

Haven't been able to try Chrono Crusade VPP because it's plus and I don't have something it needs.

City Slicker plays but I didn't like it.

Country Carnival 1.2 is missing something can't do something with activex object or something like that.

Eight Ball Deluxe 1 won't play, it loads and I can add coins and hear it but when I try to press anything else it talks about enter code. Never would start

Initial D Pinball Stage 1.3 I've played this one the most. It doesn't have any errors, it plays smoothly and it's not boring.

Jailbreak plays well, looks fine but it's boring and I don't like the sound effects

Kingdom Hearts is my 2nd favorite. The play is good and smooth and it's not boring.

Last Exile 1.1 is another VP+ I can't accomidate

MadMag 2011 isn't set right somehow it's way too far away

Middle Earth tried to load but had an unnamed error

Party Animal 1 & Rapid Vienna Kick'n Roll is just a guys thing I didn't like them although Rapid Vienna has smooth game play, just not for me.

RoadRunner 1 wouldn't play

Space Riders 1.2 wouldn't play

Star Battle 1.1 played but all I could see were 2 balls on the table and my ball so something isn't quite right there

Strange Science 1.04 looked interesting as it stood straight up but it had some kind of magna line error (or something similar)

Super Colider said ActiveX error I think it's VP+

Superman (Atari 1979) - ROM Missing which after I saw it I wasn't interested

TAF TV 2009 was almost interesting but the layout was a bit boring. I also have a pet peeve when the flippers don't change the lights in the 'chutes' or whatever they are the ball goes in and lights up. Plus it was a bit devilish as it starts with spikes to prevent you from losing the ball but then it gets you and you don't realize the spikes are gone and so are you..

Time 2000 Didn't like it as soon as I saw it

Totem 1.0 Tried it once but I'm not interested, besides the table was pretty boring

Truck Stop 1.1 was ok but it's dated

Ultimate Spidey 2008 too much blue and too boring, you'd think they would've updated the song by 2008

VP Tribut 1.0 runs smoothly and I can play it for a minutes but it's pretty boring

Wacky Races 1.1 Played it a couple of times and it is playable but not my thing

Wallance and Gromit RC1b I liked the concept of this one and how they incorporated it all into the game and I can play it for a little while but it doesn't last.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist's Pinball 1.6 (2nd Final) is playable but it's not for me.

Banzai Run played but I couldn't get into it

Back to the Future 2.0 played but is pretty dated and boring

Cirqus Voltaire 1.4 wouldn't play

Elvira and teh Party Monsters (LA-4) I actually used to play the real machine with my dad at a truckstop back in '95. It's playable but of course it's not the same.

Eight Ball Deluxe Prototype 1 wouldn't play

Metallica 1.63 wouldn't play

Al's Garage Band Goes On a World Tour almost gave me a good play but it's like it needs more light as it's hard to see.

So far this is the extent of my experience but of course I'm hooked. So I'll be back. Thanks again. Blessings to all the Aussies! (& everyone else as well) from Goldsboro NC USA!!!

• Administrators

Ah, so it's virtual pinball you're talking about. I think most of us assumed you were talking about real pinball machines. We also had a section dedicated to virtual pinball: https://www.aussiearcade.com/forumdisplay.php/171-Virtual-Pinball-Projects-and-Discussion

and a regular competition that has just started a new round. You should join the fun:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forumdisplay.php/257-VPGL-Tournament-10

Cheers,

Brad

"so it's virtual pinball you're talking about"

LOL, Shows you what I know, I thought that is why we are all here. After I visited the first link you provided I remembered how serious VP can get.

I just like the fact that it's a simple game that I can play it on my laptop. Plus I can quit quickly if need be. You know when I have twenty or thirty mins to kill. Or when I'm waiting for some heavy process on my laptop to finish and I don't want to add anything too intensive cpu wise. My last game obsession that fit those characteristics is Backspin Billiards; which I haven't played since I got back into the VP.

Thank you again Brad for the warm welcome and the links. I'll might check out the competition another time. Blessings to you! Amanda

Ah I see, well I was kind of wondering. I'm not sure how it is in Aussie but pretty soon it is going to be illegal to be politically incorrect. I suppose I get the inside joke to a degree because I hated it when I moved here in 1989. I hated 'rednecks' but after living here so long I have to admit almost all the characteristics fit me. I'm a bit sarcastic myself so I think I'll like the forum just fine!

As for pics of the pins; I never thought of taking screenshots of them but hey, that is an idea. Here are a few.

Wallace & Grommit

253826959_2018-03-1110.13pmWallaceampGrommitVPGame.thumb.jpg.7f80cd761872d1ac3ebcbd159d7bfbd8.jpg

Elvira & the Party Monsters

678111659_2018-03-1110.24pmElviraampthePartyMonstersVPGame.thumb.jpg.eddb99f435cde4b6a97024990fb10b25.jpg

Kingdom Hearts

139907645_2018-3-11KingdomHeartsVPGame.thumb.jpg.2795d870bd21bb0c1df7134ccec9e1a1.jpg

and Initial D

1319750025_2018-3-11InitialDVPGame.thumb.jpg.44639ef8c63be53785f7d89cbd2bd53f.jpg

So far these are the ones I play the most. Anyway, thank you again for welcoming me! Blessings to you and yours! Amanda