Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Flipper switch wiring

Hi all, need some help.

Im replacing the cabinet switches for the flippers and lane change on my Centaur.

My question is, do diodes need to be installed and if so, where?

The wiring on the switches at the moment have diodes but are different from left to right, the left has 4 lugs and the right has 5 which is confusing me (not hard to do when it comes to wiring), the new switches have 4 lugs to solder to.

Any advice would be great, cheers.

20180730_113138.thumb.jpeg.54f397bbed56f3cd234fe40d8b906de9.jpeg20180730_113147.thumb.jpeg.db5156ed509adf3308acf50e0a855986.jpeg20180730_113211.jpeg.869ef05e181412b160805112fe3efe43.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Should be a diode on just the two lane change switch matrix switches. The diode orientation should be the same for both switches.

On both of the lane changes only the "non banded" side of the diode should connect to the green/yellow wire as per pics.

left side:

IMG_9174.thumb.JPG.6f12c5a6f9137b3378bcb1b144444dfb.JPG

Right side:

IMG_9175.thumb.JPG.c3fa986d1c852da565abd838ba6cee9f.JPG

Looks like I need to replace one of the diodes on mine!

Should be a diode on just the two lane change switch matrix switches. The diode orientation should be the same for both switches.

On both of the lane changes only the "non banded" side of the diode should connect to the green/yellow wire as per pics.

left side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133472[/ATTACH]

Right side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133473[/ATTACH]

Looks like I need to replace one of the diodes on mine!

Fantastic.

That's exactly what i needed to know, thank you [emoji16]

You should be able to take the two extra lugs & insulators you need from you old switches to add on to the new switch stacks to make into 5 lug switches?

You can cut the old blades down to the length of the insulators & just have the tab sticking out for the one lug connection per switch that is contactless.

The lane change switch lugs on top of the stack that connect to the green/yellow wires (& diode) are the contactless/bladeless lugs you need to add to the stacks. that lug is just a terminal to enable the wire & diode to connect to each other.

If you don't have any blades to cut down that have a side connection (like mine) you can use straight blades like the rest are.

Edited by richard.m

You should be able to take the two extra lugs & insulators you need from you old switches to add on to the new switch stacks to make into 5 lug switches?

You can cut the old blades down to the length of the insulators & just have the tab sticking out for the one lug connection per switch that is contactless.

That's exactly what I just did, all sorted now, thanks again [emoji106]