Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade 1Up Cabinets

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they any good? I haven't seen any in Tassie.

I’ve not seen one, but “ok” is what I’ve seen plenty of comments suggesting. Poor build quality and lots of problems with decals wearing out and the like.

So my wife does not like the 1up cabinets. She says they are toys and prefers our full size Galaga with ArcadeSD/Arpicade.

I only have the 12-1 and a modded SF2.

So I said I have to get the new Star Wars cab - she doesn’t get that the yoke, vector etc is just not possible without spending a fortune to play those games as intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I've been thinking about getting a 1up game for my son, but I don't think he (or I) will be satisfied with just the 4 games on the unit, so I was wondering if anybody knows if the replacement control decks that are available online like this one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-Replacement-Control-Deck/333233003022 can be switched between machines. For example if I had the Rampage 1Up game, could I add the Street Fighter replacement control deck to it and then unit will play the Street Fighter games? I also love that some of the US models like Centipede and Asteroids have the game specific control panels, so it would be super cool to have just one 1up game and a collection of control panels you could swap in and out. Edited by fridgejam

I wouldn't mind getting the MK one!

Weren't they an Aldi exclusive in Aus? No Aldis in Tas, sadly - in my case for reasons that have nothing to do with the cabinets :)

EDIT: as in, the whole range of 1up mini cabs were only at Aldi in this country?

Because they are shipped in Ikea/kit form, it is not out of the question to import one from the US. There are some US ebay sellers that will ship them to Oz via the global shipping program for around $120-$150usd. Still more expensive than if Aldi sold them, but still not crazy expensive if you can find the right deal. I can see currently Centipede and Asteroids 1up units currently on ebay US that you could have delivered to your door for under $500 AU bucks.

Weren't they an Aldi exclusive in Aus? No Aldis in Tas, sadly - in my case for reasons that have nothing to do with the cabinets :)

EDIT: as in, the whole range of 1up mini cabs were only at Aldi in this country?

Eb games had them in at 700 then later aldi came in at 499

Eb only got stock that was ordered in so a once off wave

But what about the power conversion?

Because they are shipped in Ikea/kit form, it is not out of the question to import one from the US. There are some US ebay sellers that will ship them to Oz via the global shipping program for around $120-$150usd. Still more expensive than if Aldi sold them, but still not crazy expensive if you can find the right deal. I can see currently Centipede and Asteroids 1up units currently on ebay US that you could have delivered to your door for under $500 AU bucks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I sill haven't found an definitive answer as to if the control panels can be swapped between 1up games so you can for example play Rampage on a Street Fighter unit and visa versa?

Would be very cool if this is possible. Does anybody know?

I sill haven't found an definitive answer as to if the control panels can be swapped between 1up games so you can for example play Rampage on a Street Fighter unit and visa versa?

Would be very cool if this is possible. Does anybody know?

Going by online videos it looks like the actual gameboard is located in a small box on the back of the LCD. So no you can't just swap out Control panels. You'd have to swap the CP and the game board box.

See here for a good tear down of the units:

But what about the power conversion?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Might be better off to buy a project cab and semi build what you want out of an arcade, or go the whole hog and build a MK replica cab, multiboard inside or go original, alot of options out there. Probably cost abit more but you will have a much better longer lasting cab.

Yeah seems that way. EB have SF2 for $700 though.

Going by online videos it looks like the actual gameboard is located in a small box on the back of the LCD. So no you can't just swap out Control panels. You'd have to swap the CP and the game board box.

See here for a good tear down of the units:

Thanks. From previous videos I'd seen online I had thought the game board was located in the controller, but this clears things up about sadly not being able to switch 1up games by just switching controls.

Looks like I may need to consider the Raspberry Pi conversion road. I still rather have the Rampage 1up cabinet, but with the control layout of Street Fighter. Does anybody know if the control panels are universal in size and if they can be switched between 1up cabinets?

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone still interested in the aldi street fighter cabs or the joust ones? I have a lead on a store that has some still out the back. 5 SF and one joust.

Shame they weren't in WA, as I would grab one for my kids!

• 6 months later...