Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade 1Up Cabinets

thought id post this here https://www.goeasyonline.com.au/index.php?route=product/search&search=arcade&description=true

pre-ordered the mk2 machine. Phoned the store and these are not made by arcade1up but arcade one. And it not the same arcade-one that sells mame stsyems as i msg arcade-one and he said he doesnt do them. The only thing i can come up with is maybe it the asia/oceania arm of arcade1up.

Guess ill find out in 2 1/2 weeks what these are.

Strange??

Similar name, similar advertising but different cabinets

Why would you change the cabinets for over here?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just found this video where some of the machines in my link are show from arcade1up apparently

it seems the font logo for the arcade one is same as arcade1up they even have the "at home" nomenclature, so im thinking these maybe the euro versions just that they using early art for the product and think that the streetfighter version is the 1 that has sf2 final fight ghost and goblins and strider and the mk version has mk2,umk3 and mk4

Edited by mrd

hmmm this is the euro sf2 https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=PRE-ACD-002&type=60&code_lg=lg_us&num=26

and this is goeasy sf2 https://www.goeasyonline.com.au/arcade-one-street-fighte-II-at-home-real-arcade-system?search=arcade

very similar but the bezel on the goeasy one has but cut for bigger screen. odd lol

The cabs at the Euro link look much better they have proper controls such as a trackball for centipede and the correct button layout for Asteroids which makes them worth considering for gamers. The cabs at the goeasy site all have joysticks, if they actually ship them like that they will be rubbish. More than half the games they are advertising will be unplayable with the joystick and button set ups they are showing in the pictures. We will see when they get there I suppose, I think they are interesting, a driving cab would possibly tempt me.

This cab review actually looks to be fairly good quality and value for the price, but I could not put up with having no access to the mame dips and config etc, if they get hacked to run mame with full access and the ability to plug in a keyboard and add more games then I could see them being a good purchase for many people.

This cab review actually looks to be fairly good quality and value for the price, but I could not put up with having no access to the mame dips and config etc, if they get hacked to run mame with full access and the ability to plug in a keyboard and add more games then I could see them being a good purchase for many people.

At that point you may as well just built your own

You over estimate my wood working skills :)

But yeah I see what you mean, the simplicity of them would appeal to the target market, but for someone like me who has been tweaking the configuration and games list etc etc of my two cabs running groovymame, these cabs being locked to just three games without even access to the dips settings is a deal breaker for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Today $299USD is $421.83AUD. Add GST and it's $464. Add $35 shipping and you get $499.

If the AUD drops to 0.65, $299USD is $499AUD inc GST.

When you factor in exchange rate a lot of electronics are about the same price or cheaper here than the US, Plus over there you add sales tax after the advertised price and that varies from state to state and city to city.

• 2 months later...

Today Arcade 1up have announced 4 new arcades, Mortal Kombat, Golden Tee, Space Invaders & Final Fight (already announced but with release date Feb).

arcade1up.thumb.JPG.e0d258158498c6774660e45433a410cf.JPG

Edited by CF2K

The space invaders one "looks" cool, but it also features Karate Champ and it looks like it only has ONE joystick? How are you supposed to play the classic two joystick game with only one? These 1up people really don't give a f%^k about the gamers, this is almost as bad as the totally unplayable Defender they put out. If you could buy swappable CPs for them so the games are playable then they would be cool for casual gamers.

I would return these cabs as unfit for purpose.

The space invaders one "looks" cool, but it also features Karate Champ and it looks like it only has ONE joystick? How are you supposed to play the classic two joystick game with only one? These 1up people really don't give a f%^k about the gamers, this is almost as bad as the totally unplayable Defender they put out. If you could buy swappable CPs for them so the games are playable then they would be cool for casual gamers.

I would return these cabs as unfit for purpose.

I actually think their promo is just misleading and Karate Champ is just another cabinet they didn't have space in the promo. Adding Space Invaders with Karate Champ would just be too random.

Sent from my Phone using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yeah you could be right, looks like the "also Karate Champ" might mean another cab instead of the Space Invaders cab including that game. My comments for Defender still stand, totally unplayable with the supplied CP. Defender is a great game but must have the original CP layout, they could have made a Defender / Stargate cab with correct controls that would have been a great buy for many people. Not for me as I have an original cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Arcade 1Up Cabinets

I bought the 12 in 1 for $350 USD.

While I have an ArcadeSD in a full size Galaga cabinet, the Atari games offered in this are great. The original cabs for these games are HEAVY and with Vector Monitors prone to breakdown.

I’d pay extra for a decent spinner but the games are all playable.

In Major Havoc - I use both buttons and spinner for left and right depending on sensitivity needed. Not like the original but playable and a fun game.

Trackball works well.

Artwork is great. Again, would be great to have upgrade options like spinners, lit marquees etc.

Overall, the 12-1 is a great addition for those of you that love the games but know you’ll likely never have most of these games in your house in original arcade form.

4/5.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Update to this. I’ve been pleased enough with the 12-1 that I bought a Street Fighter unit when I saw it on sale at FYE for $200.

I am debating turning it into a RetroPie after I’ve tired of Street Fighter.

I would gladly pay $50 for a spinner upgrade that was like the original tempest spinner.

Also, would have liked to have seen the trackball be an option to work with Major Havoc but hey - you get what you pay for and these units while cheaply made are cheap in cost, playable and helps keep retro gaming alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade