Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

So.. the infamous shed find.. (restro apple find)

https://imgur.com/gallery/VHh1d18

Okay, so I've been in touch with this guy who has a collection to sell. Today is the first time I got to see it. He doesn't want to separate.

Wowee is all I can say. I'm at one helluva conundum. I mean, I want.. but.. well, I don't even know where I'd store half of it!

Thoughts?

He's asking $4500 for everything, or $3500 if he keeps a few of his most prized pieces. (basically the emate 300, the woz signature IIgs and one full set of IIe, and probably one of the PowerBooks)

I don't think the gear he wants to keep is worth $1000 by any measure, so I'd take that part of the deal no worries.

I think I could talk him down further, price-wise, and I am thinking at face value there are enough duplicates here to make my money back in reselling on the dupes easily. Storage is the sticky bit.

I just had to share tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

That mess is giving me anxiety just looking at the pictures lol, I love seeing hoardes of antiques and old collectables but stuff like that all messed up would do my head in, just thinking of time it would take to test and fix that shit up.

Certainly a few ok items there, buger about having to take the crap away as well.

Judging by the reflection he is in need of a good lawn mowing, maybe offer that as payment lol

Edited by jason1

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, the deal has been done, and the gear collected. Phase 2 begins now.. working out what there is and what works!

https://imgur.com/gallery/ufoepwK

So now the whole lot is in my shed. 2 full Transit van loads plus my 7 seater with all the seats folded down.

There was a LOT more than I'd anticipated, including a lot more powermacs, II series Macintosh's (including a IIfx!), and more compact macs than I expected, including some classics, a classic II, pluses and 512k macs.

There are at least 3 or 4 composite colour monitors here. At least one works, he had a IIc hooked up and working when I got there. Needs some caps tho, was pretty wavy. Bunch of monochrome ones too, and heaps of Atari and commodore screens, a few of the 12" IIc screens too!

So.. the infamous shed find.. (restro apple find)

IMG_0367.thumb.JPG.4218ff4388fb1285bc2c3da205427d71.JPGIMG_0370.thumb.JPG.fef6588e1a99eea3bd06d18fb63cd020.JPGIMG_0372.thumb.JPG.73c23c7283e20384797ae98e899039e2.JPG

So some really basic testing and sorting this afternoon. Some things work right away.. quite a few macs work perfectly, at least one Apple IIe. One of the IIgs works, another doesn't yet. A few of the Apple IIes don't work yet (mostly garbage on screen, so likely 74xx chips).

Had major smoke come from one screen, but so far nearly every screen tested works really well. I spent a lot of time finding matching cables to machines from amongst the rats nests of cables, so more sorting will be in order to speed further testing!

IMG_0365.thumb.JPG.9a21c7db3c98b0d9f07de6e53f39fda7.JPG