Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Can some one measure the resistance of there BSD shooter coil.

Dobz

Question

7 answers to this question

Mine is playing up and just wanted to check if it might be half shorted....I'm only getting 4 ohms.
The manual says the shooter coil is ae-23-800.

https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html says Ae-23-800 should be around 4.2ohm.

If I've misunderstood which coil, that page still has enough reference values to see if what you've got is within Cooee. Marco also publishes ohm values for quote a few coils on their website too as another reference.

Be interested in this also as I am getting random strength launches on mine. New coil,sleeve, plunger aligned guides etc.

Driving to work this morning was a full moon with dark clouds rolling through it.....on the radio ABC reporting last chance of blood moon sighting for a while in A.C.T tonight....work sucking the life out of me this week.....Time for some Dracula pin I think!!

Connectors are a common issue, manufacturers didn't exactly choose the best quality connector pins for some of the device demands, b.o.m cost reductions obviously. IDC is what were used, with contact on one pin face only. They're usually stressed after 20+ years of supplying the high power devices such as these. Looking for burned connectors from stressed/heated pins might be a good place to start...

F105 supplies solenoids 1 through 8 (section1-page43)

J107 pin3 on the Power Driver Board, Violet/yellow, looks like a candidate (section3-page10)... it feeds all of these coils.

Bad connection poses resistance, which means more voltage across the connection, which means even more heat then resistance, and then even more heat, resistance and ever more voltage drop at your coils... a compounding feedback loop. Fuses blow due to excessive current as the coils still try to fire together when demanded. More and more of the voltage appears across the poor connection instead of the device, as things heat up and compound. This could be an explanation for why you can test coils individually but multiple firings eventually blows F105. Blowing fuses are not a problem but an indicator that you have a problem. Resetable fuses (breakers) can be a valuable tool for diagnosing some of these problems, worth their weight so to speak.

That would be my initial thoughts given the info... there are other threads on AA re. WPC blowing F105 and I have encountered the same problem myself in the past. If this connector (or some other) is the issue then might just need new header, connector housing, and trifurcon connector pins with soldered crimps for the full fix. Some might solder wires directly to pins to test the theory or get things working but then you can not remove your Driver Board so easily if you need to... if this is what is happening then the white connector housing would be brown (or even black and brittle) around the bad pin as a tell-tale sign. Get the parts and fix it once and for all...

Let us know what you discover @Dobz...