Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New vectrex game day

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it comes with an overlay ? I'm very tempted.. Vector Moon patrol on a real vector monitor would be pretty special.

Holy crap.... i've just looked up his remakes of galaxian and time pilot too. this guy is amazing.

Edited by Jed

• Administrators
Wonder what Kristof will release next? (and when.....)

Vector Dug :lol

I need to look into building my own flashcart. Have you made one yourself AK?

No mate I haven't looking into it to be honest but it is something that's on the long list. I've only been buying the odd game here or there, I won't spend more than 20-30 bucks for a vectrex game.

I do have all 3 of Kristofs games, a 72 in 1 some originals and I bought YASI and Protector (Awesome space invaders and Defender clones).

I's like to get Karl Quappe an amazing looking Frogger clone when its released.

If you do make one mate please let me know whats involved

Does it comes with an overlay ? I'm very tempted.. Vector Moon patrol on a real vector monitor would be pretty special.

Holy crap.... i've just looked up his remakes of galaxian and time pilot too. this guy is amazing.

From his email

53.5 Euro (1 vector patrol overlay #1 , including shipping )

51.5 Euro (1 vector patrol overlay #2 , including shipping )

59 Euro (1 vector patrol overlays #1 + #2 , including shipping )

My cart was in the 200's so he's had a big waiting list!

I'm still blown away by the sound in Vector Patrol, some of it sounds SID like, amazing!

Not the best video but gives you an idea.

Has to be very close to Arcade perfect!! Can't believe how accurate and smooth the enemy movement is and the sound is bang on.

I watched a vid on youtube yesterday and his unique personal touches like the 3D cutscene at end of level is so awesome.

I have a few original carts and a 32-1 which has a nice version of Pole Position but this is next level. Thanks for posting, I'm going to get this for sure.

@Arcade King I'll most likely grab one of the multicarts. Looking at the 72in1 at this stage, there's a bare pcb version which is reasonably priced.

I will also look into fabricating my own pcb and install a socketed eprom so I can burn my own roms. I'll post the details when I get around to doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

@Arcade King I'll most likely grab one of the multicarts. Looking at the 72in1 at this stage, there's a bare pcb version which is reasonably priced.

I will also look into fabricating my own pcb and install a socketed eprom so I can burn my own roms. I'll post the details when I get around to doing it.

My vectrex.

Back in the day a couple of wealthy mates had these and i loved them. In my late teens i went to an everything auction. There was a big box that had an AFL footy on top, so that was the box i bid on. I won it for $20. I got it home and going through the box had a lot of random stuff in it, tools, calculator dinner plates and a Vectrex in its box with 2 games and overlays. I was allready obsesed with video games and pinnies so the footy n3ver got a kick lol

I've just managed to get a Vectrex after many years of looking, it doesn't work and has the controller missing but that can all be fixed. For now I think I'll use this case and joystick and build my own controller until I can find an original. I'll post details on the repair and controller build when everything arrives.

Then the game collecting starts. d937e018bbaa289eff12d04d7326f90a.jpg4a7d8618da2cff7daa14725f992bd9e1.jpg

Fingers crossed that it arrives safely in the post.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ooh would love to see a build thread of the custom controller. The case and joystick you picked look awesome.
I've only just ordered the parts on Ebay so I'll list part numbers and do a build thread when they arrive. I'm hoping the joystick will fit in the case as the case is 28mm high but it doesn't say if that's outside dimensions or inside and there's no dimension for the thickness of the case.

Oh well I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk