Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Macintosh SE stuff up

I thought I'd post this just in case it's usefull to others.

I was given a Macintosh SE computer that has an issue booting, but that's another story for later.

After an accident removing the power cable from the motherboard I managed to break the tip off the crt. Big hands in small spaces don't always work well.

I had a spare Crt from a Mac Classic parts machine so I fitted that but got a good brightness but really distorted picture. The adjustment controls on the analogue board for the crt are limited in these machines so my brain ticked over and an idea formed. That took about an hour. [emoji16]

I thought if I swapped the yoke I might get a better picture, I probably should have checked the coil resistances first[emoji6].

I had nothing to loose and bugger me it worked. It needed a bit of tweaking on these metal rings on the back of the yoke to get the image centered but it now looks good.

I just need to fix the booting issue now.

Cheers Trev.24de9151dedea16216dfef09e5656a7c.jpg20441bf24734782e36156f707cf8f97b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk