Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Foxtel S-Video over Scart

Have a friend who is looking to go old school with his TV setup. He has purchased a Widescreen CRT with dual scart ports. One port is YUV enabled, the other is S-Video enabled.

In order to free up the YUV port for a DVD player, investigating getting the Foxtel to output S-Video.

He has the "Standard Foxtel Box". DC-420 or similar.

When he connects via Scart to the S-Video port of the TV and then selects S-Video output on the Foxtel box he gets a black and white picture. Obviously only the Luma signal is now being sent through the Video output of the Foxtel box and the Chroma signal is not being received by the TV.

The TV is expecting Chroma signal on Pin 15 (Pin normally used by RGB Red signal).

I am unable to find a pinout for the Foxtel box's scart ports. Just wondering if anyone here has set up the S-Video via Scart from these old Fox boxes before and can help.

I have a weird voice in the back of my brain telling me there is a difference between PAL and NTSC S-video chroma encoding. I've had an issue like that before, i'm certain. I think it was from an N64 though, so the problem was likely to be me.

Have your tried breaking out the signal and delivering to another TV? Can always multimeter the pins, and try them one by one. Which is teaching you how to suck eggs, but hey :)

I have a weird voice in the back of my brain telling me there is a difference between PAL and NTSC S-video chroma encoding. I've had an issue like that before, i'm certain. I think it was from an N64 though, so the problem was likely to be me.

Have your tried breaking out the signal and delivering to another TV? Can always multimeter the pins, and try them one by one. Which is teaching you how to suck eggs, but hey :)

Yeah, I understand how to do it the hard way, was trying to shortcut the process!