Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Game 6 ~ Mr Do!'s Castle (closes 12-August)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a plan for each stage.

Made it to stage 9.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133877[/ATTACH]

Now that’s the smart way to game. A failure to plan on a tough game like this is a plan for failure.

:035:

docastle.cpp

Set 1, Set 2 : "Advance Level on Getting Diamond" DIP setting inverted.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7071

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133463[/ATTACH]

All good, off for on getting diamond. Now enjoy prospecting for a few more diamonds. They are worth a lot of points in this game. Has anyone gotten 2 diamonds and collected them in the one game? Perhaps bigredbird with his nice score over 100K?

:unsure

All good, off for on getting diamond. Now enjoy prospecting for a few more diamonds. They are worth a lot of points in this game. Has anyone gotten 2 diamonds and collected them in the one game? Perhaps bigredbird with his nice score over 100K?

I don't think I have collected two diamonds in the one game while playing Mr. Do's Castle.

I have the advance level setting set to 'on'.

There is potential to score many more points with it set to 'off' as you can continue the level and collect the flag bonus as well as collect EXTRA letters and kill more unicorns.

Without knowing what everyone has this dip set to, I thought it would be fairer to have it set to 'on'.

I have collected two diamonds plenty of times playing the regular Mr. Do game.

Imagine that!

Two 'once in a lifetime opportunities' in the one game!:cool:

You still get the 8000 points no matter which is selected. But active will also add credit & go to next level.

Yes I got two diamonds in one game, But bombed out before I beat my MGL score :)

Decided to give this another shot and just realised that I only get 2 lives despite setting the DIP switches. Has anyone else noticed this or did I miss a post about it?

I feel sad for you.

You are getting 33% less pure enjoyment than everyone else.

Maybe just work harder and get more EXTRAS and all will be well.

You can DO it!

I feel sad for you.

You are getting 33% less pure enjoyment than everyone else.

Maybe just work harder and get more EXTRAS and all will be well.

You can DO it!

So am I playing it right? or did the DIPs get messed up somewhere - I'm using MAME .185

So am I playing it right? or did the DIPs get messed up somewhere - I'm using MAME .185

The game settings is 3 lives, so it may be an issue in the version of MAME you are using. I have never heard of only getting 2 lives when setting on 3 lives. Try another version if you have it to compare. In 106 it gives 3 ... :)

All sorted guys, for some reason it was taking a soft reset - need to do a hard reset for the settings to kick in.

Cheers :)

So hard is better than soft then, just like the MGL settings. Well there you go ... :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]134011[/ATTACH]

Was that previous score of 7,880 done on 2 lives? Well on 3 lives you more than doubled your score with 15,960 points. Better than the 33 percent that bigredbird mentioned as an estimate. At least that’s in the right direction ... :rolleyes