Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

3d printer filament

Hi,

- Not recommending Ink Station filament, only because it is cross wound. Prints fine if you are there to keep it moving.

Prusa is $20 us however at least $10us for shipping per kg - putting it too high.

Just order 8kg from Hobby King, on sale Ordered last night Aus warehouse)

Total was 129 Aus, though site said 124 so paid 5 extra to PayPal

Edit more info- The 1.75 PLA was 16.64Aud (approx) Except the PLA Colour changing Grey to White it was @25

Cheaper was the ABS at 8.33/kg order colour changing green to yellow and grey to white and a spool of 1.75 abs yellow (which was more at 13.86/kg)

Some of the one I selected came up as the global store when trying to order so removed they from the order an might do a separate Global warehouse order depending on price. Some of the filaments had good customer ratings.

Ebay seems to be 22.10/kg delivered (Ink Station was 25 and free shipping over 50)

Would like to hear what others are using and their results.

Red

Edited by Redback
stuffed up total was in Aud not US

Hi,

- Not recommending Ink Station filament, only because it is cross wound. Prints fine if you are there to keep it moving.

Prusa is $20 us however at least $10us for shipping per kg - putting it too high.

Just order 8kg from Hobby King, on sale Ordered last night Aus warehouse)

Total was 129 US, though site said 124 so paid 5 extra to PayPal

Edit more info- The 1.75 PLA was 16.64Aud (approx) Except the PLA Colour changing Grey to White it was @25

Cheaper was the ABS at 8.33/kg order colour changing green to yellow and grey to white and a spool of 1.75 abs yellow (which was more at 13.86/kg)

Some of the one I selected came up as the global store when trying to order so removed they from the order an might do a separate Global warehouse order depending on price. Some of the filaments had good customer ratings.

Ebay seems to be 22.10/kg delivered (Ink Station was 25 and free shipping over 50)

Would like to hear what others are using and their results.

Red

I just ordered a kilo of white and a kilo of red pla from inkjet wholesale for AU$57 including freight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi

I also ordered some white (and some black). arrived today from WA

Esun brand (not wound as nicely as the photo on their site)

Not too bad on delivery as I believe Monday was a holiday in WA.

The 8 rolls also arrived from HK

Regs,

Red

The filament arrived from inkjet wholesale today. It took 5 days to get to country NSW, I'm happy with that. It cost $57 for two rolls which qualifies you for free postage and apparently two lollies and a pen.

It is eSun brand and is well packed in a vacuum sealed bag with a reasonable sized sachet of silica gel for absorbing excess moisture. My only gripe is that the vacuum sealed bags are not resealable. The Cocoon one from Aldi are supplied in a snaplock bag. e5537a1b116844b10e5a7168ea2a51f5.jpg449df823d78569620876fa11593b25e6.jpgdbebe73c49fcdbc81ec8f0228774b16f.jpg

The outer end of the filament is held in place with tape so I cut this piece off to avoid gumming up the feed mechanism and extruder. 46778039eb52d4e90646a92ebe623311.jpg

I've started a print with the white and it seems to be going well so far. I'll report on the finished item in about 6 hrs.[emoji6]

73dd86878355d07f313da29b8bab3ced.jpg

Cheers Trev.

Edited by BIG Trev

Seven hours later and the print has finished. I used the white and it is a solid white where the Cocoon filament is semi translucent. The surface finish is superb, better than the Cocoon brand but, and there's always a but, it didn't stick to the print bed as well. There was a bit of lifting on the corners. I levelled the bed and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol as I usually do but it still lifted.

I'm going to have a play with a few settings as it prints really well otherwise. I'll report back later.

There was no problems with the filament coming off the reel and it fed through to the hot end ok.

Cheers Trev

Trev, great update.

I've also had issues with it sticking to the bed. Even though it isn't rolled as well as the Prusa filament it doesn't have the bad overwrap that the ink station one did. I've recalibrated the bed level and it seems to be better. Also prusa recommends every now and then cleaning the bed with acetone.

I've still yet to try any of the others. White is printing at them moment. Let's start a tread what are you printing (like what music are you listen to (thread))

Also our local Aldi still had 3d printer(s) left forsale according to the wife (as of Thursday evening). Looking at the results you're getting looks like a good printer, (Prusa 3d multi kit now getting redesigned and delay)

Hobby King also sells the ESUN (around the same price)

Regs,

Red

The filament arrived from inkjet wholesale today. It took 5 days to get to country NSW, I'm happy with that. It cost $57 for two rolls which qualifies you for free postage and apparently two lollies and a pen.

It is eSun brand and is well packed in a vacuum sealed bag with a reasonable sized sachet of silica gel for absorbing excess moisture. My only gripe is that the vacuum sealed bags are not resealable. The Cocoon one from Aldi are supplied in a snaplock bag. e5537a1b116844b10e5a7168ea2a51f5.jpg449df823d78569620876fa11593b25e6.jpgdbebe73c49fcdbc81ec8f0228774b16f.jpg

The outer end of the filament is held in place with tape so I cut this piece off to avoid gumming up the feed mechanism and extruder. 46778039eb52d4e90646a92ebe623311.jpg

I've started a print with the white and it seems to be going well so far. I'll report on the finished item in about 6 hrs.[emoji6]

73dd86878355d07f313da29b8bab3ced.jpg

Cheers Trev.

Where the lollies any good?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've had minimal positive results with the eSun brand of filament. I just can't get it to adhere to the print bed as well as the cocoon pla.

I'm going to try the 3Dfillies brand next.

I'll let you know how it goes. $54.85 for two 1kg rolls delivered.

Cheers Trev

Edited by BIG Trev

• 4 weeks later...

3d fillies pla+ needs a heated bed so I'll have to put it away until I get a better printer.

But on the positive side I got some Cocoon pla today in black and white so I'm back printing again.[emoji16]

Cheers Trev.