Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Security token missing error

When trying to post an update to my Harley pin repair thread, I'm getting an error message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."

Also if I try to use the "Go Advanced" button to preview the post, it says the file was too large to upload. The only content in the post is text, and the post is shorter than others I've done (this one is 10227 characters long, others are 13000+).

I took a screen shot of the error to post here, but I get an error uploading that file via the manage attachments screen too. I still have plenty of space free for images (29.57 MB of 953.67 MB Used).

Seems like there is something funky going on with my account?

Have you tried another browser?

I've just run maintenance tasks on the DB tables too in case it might help.

Brad

I get the same error from Chrome and Firefox.

When I cut the post content down to 7000 characters, it allows me to preview. Is there a new limit on post length? Or should I give that maintenance task some time before I try again?

• Administrators
I get the same error from Chrome and Firefox.

When I cut the post content down to 7000 characters, it allows me to preview. Is there a new limit on post length? Or should I give that maintenance task some time before I try again?

Nothing has been changed on the site for many years mate. It's been a long time since this error has popped up.

• Administrators

Yeah I used to occasionally get this error with Firefox. Clearing cache and all cookies always fixed it for me. Haven't had the problem for almost 2 years though.

Brad

Working now.

I saw Trav mention in the other thread a change to using Ajax for the image uploader - not sure if that impact the issue I was seeing, but I can now post my update without the security token error (still using the same browser & PC as earlier).

I can also upload image files correctly now too.

So looks like it's all sorted :)