Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hankin upright cab $10 come get it !

Hankin upright cab that has some pretty nasty water damage.

Whoever had it before me didn't store it very well, the cab had got wet on the back and the back of one side.

Was going to have crack at fixing it myself, but due to the amount of projects I already have... and no room... it has to go !!

I think it can be fixed by someone with the know how, just cut new pieces for the back and repair the side ?

or just use it for the parts that's left.

I've robbed the tube and transformer out of it.

The price is a $10 donation to AA.

If it doesn't go, then its off to my local tip.

Pickup: 10min past the old Phillip Island turn off.

Hankin2.thumb.jpg.b5c6a21728cadf66c9e361b2a9d88b82.jpg

Hankin4.thumb.jpg.9c85e229ddeb465ecc605b40ffe0f3e6.jpg

Hankin3.thumb.jpg.d66ffb2640da65926955bd211df38bdb.jpg

Edited by Vadership

That is actually an awesome deal. The price of buying that hardware new would be far in excess of $10. I see coin door, control panel etc. Just got to find the right person.

Ive been looking for one of these cabs to restore. I never knew what they were called. In our arcade hangout in the 80s they used to put the latest games in these cabs (they had 2 of them). Its the cab where i first played such games as Kung Fu Master and Ghosts n Goblins. I would love it but you are a bit to far away from me.

That is actually an awesome deal. The price of buying that hardware new would be far in excess of $10. I see coin door, control panel etc. Just got to find the right person.
It's not a deal, @Vadership is giving it away. What a champ.

I have 2 of these at the moment and a 19 inch LCD at 5:4 ratio (common as) fits in perfectly. Easy to do a conversion on if you're interested.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Where is it in Victoria?

I'm about 10min past the old Phillip Island turn off ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'd donate $10 just for the door if you're parting it out. I'll cover postage too. Unfortunately you're too far away for me to grab the whole thing.

Cheers Trev.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it doesn't go, ill make sure I grab some parts off it.

• Administrators

If in QLD I would have taken it just on principle although the seagulls up here would have snapped it up inside of 20 seconds :lol

Quick someone rescue this poor old girl

Brad

The Hankin has been picked by Truman :)

He got lost on the way :rolleyes he nearly ended overseas on Phillip Island :lol

Really good bloke to deal with, I left it up to him to donate the $10 to AA.

Funny story, I kept taking about AA, to donate to and all...

The whole time he thought I was talking about ''Alcoholics Anonymous'', until he asked if I was talking about the same AA as he was :lol

Anyway, was great to meet Truman and I hope to see pics of the Hankin when its bought back to life!

• 1 month later...

Dudes, the $10 Hankin is alive. Truman, one of my best mates - organised the deal, also got the marquee glass all ready for it - he's a legend.

Vadership, what a lovely guy to meet! Was a real pleasure jamming on all things vintage with you bro... We're so grateful to you for releasing this machine into the wild, and not trashing it! You've played a part in making our dreams come true, something we couldn't otherwise afford :-)

So here's some shots, and a little 17 min doco my mate made about the whole thing, enjoy! Joe.

And yep, good thing we talked about AA otherwise I would have thrown $10 to the wrong AA!

The 10 buck Hankin - https://goo.gl/auVUMi

IMG_20180419_164436.thumb.jpg.775672c940bf7cb05f5784e928d3c3ca.jpg

IMG_20180419_164419.thumb.jpg.cca9eed16892c4a02457d337b7b0b0fa.jpg

IMG_20180413_100716.thumb.jpg.267231b1b412397cbe5de63836e7ae4f.jpg

IMG_20180412_162751.thumb.jpg.f5ab90d22a9f9054bc5d38a807e38251.jpg