Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CNC routing software

I'm hoping to build myself an OxMetal or Workbee screw drive CNC router in the not too distant future big enough to take a full 8' x 4' sheet.

I'll use it to make cabinets and playfields for future homebrew pinball machines.

My question is,

What's the best software to use for

A) creating the drawings

B) producing the Gcode and

C) transferring the file to the router?

Remebering that I'll need to do recesses for things like inserts and lcd screens.

Cheers Trev.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have no idea where it is, but I got a copy of mach3 with some Chinese driver I bought.

That is a big screw drive system, looking forward to following the build.

My mechmate build has been on hold for ages (years) as other things keep coming up.

Regards,

Red

• Administrators

Autocad DXF is a standard file format for many uses in design Trev. Have you done CADD before? For simple 3D use (recessed inserts etc) I could not see Autocad being a problem to use. There are thousands of clips on YouTube detailing every imaginable scenario. Both times I have had to supply CADD to someone for CNC it was OK in .DXF format. Not sure how they got it into machine code from there though. Check your PMs and give me a call.

Dave

I use solidworks to design all my CNC projects. 3D models will identify errors in your plans.

Export as DXF files into the http://www.vectric.com/ suite of products to generate tool paths and g-code.

You will need Mach3 to run your machine. Takes a bit of configuring but if you've come this far, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Here is an example

FB_IMG_1461809150396.thumb.jpg.09cba399a01a7d82fe9ede4c6a13f0b4.jpg

• 1 year later...