Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Speakers

EDIT. SORRY WRONG SECTION BUT INFO FOR YOU ANYWAY FOR DIYers.

Hi all. I get asked alot about pinball speakers I use.

So here is my preferred setup.

Boss 5.25" 4 way phantoms for backbox and Boss CXX8" subwoofer as as general rule. The 4ways are so crisp and clean. Sometimes a 10" sub when I want to beef up the base. Doing this now with BK2000.

People have lots ot opinions on upgrades but these are the ones I really like and am sticking to after trying alot of other off the shelf kits and also other cheaper and more expensive brands.

I usually buy them of Ebay or Elite Electronics but just got a couple of sets off Parts Express crazy cheap. Like $110 for full setup delivered.

I usually install Pinsound where possible so speakers go direct to the board. If you are System 11b or earlier or not using Pinsound you will need a crossover and Lpad as well and there are good resources on line to help with that.

I'm yet to look at my older solid state machines but will do soon.

Hope it is of use to someone.

20180709_172206.thumb.jpeg.13b92a2e7663ff0eb1e9939e952931b1.jpeg20180407_104420.thumb.jpeg.afd3ed058fa87975a24daaea22983eb2.jpeg[ATTACH]132940[/ATTACH]

20180709_170407.thumb.jpeg.8fec71f1197ce4ddc3a16440d7b2385b.jpeg

Edited by KJS
Wrong section

There are 2 versions of board. It replaces most sound boards and is an add in for wpc95 to the side. Buy direct from them. The difference and options are imo incredible.

We have Pinsound in many of our pins and swear by them.

Especially if you add in the 2.1 kit.

Yes one board but allows many different pins. They have a list of compatible pins on their site :)

Not cheap unfortunately.

Cheers

Also check out Boss NX524. Same manufacturer as the phantom and same size, and also 4 way.

However the centre cone does not protrude to the same extent. This means you can fix it directly to the speaker timber without a mounting spacer.

This is my preferred purchase for speakers and I honestly think any difference in price would be negligible.

I found amazon USA was the cheapest, but the Aust Gov has put a stop to that one. 🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are the ones I really like and am sticking to after trying alot of other off the shelf kits and also other cheaper and more expensive brands.

KJS have you by any chance tried Jaycar off the shelf speakers? I don't know how they'd go in a pinball, but back in my car audio days, I'd see thousands being spent on brand name stuff. Then one day this guy rocks up in his car with $600 worth of Jaycar speakers and amps (mid 90s prices) and blew every other car away in sound and performance.

Maybe the home audio stuff is similar :unsure

https://www.jaycar.com.au/sound-video/speakers-accessories/component-speakers/c/8CE

KJS have you by any chance tried Jaycar off the shelf speakers? I don't know how they'd go in a pinball, but back in my car audio days, I'd see thousands being spent on brand name stuff. Then one day this guy rocks up in his car with $600 worth of Jaycar speakers and amps (mid 90s prices) and blew every other car away in sound and performance.

Maybe the home audio stuff is similar :unsure

https://www.jaycar.com.au/sound-video/speakers-accessories/component-speakers/c/8CE

I have yes but not noticeably better than stock ones imo.

We're only talking 120ish for full set up....well worth it for me anyway.

I knew others would chime on with you dont this and and that etc. The point of the thread was to help people that have asked me what I like.

The pinsound factor definitely comes into play with 4 way setup. But pinsound even makes stock speakers sound nice!

I've gone the other expensive end as well.and the Boss gear was the point of diminishing returns for my old ears.

Anyway hope its helped some.

Edited by KJS