Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How many people use Tapatalk on an Apple device?

17 members have voted

1. 1. How many people use Tapatalk on an Apple device?

• Apple
    • Android

• Administrators

Just a poll to see how many people use Tapatalk on IOS.

I just found out that the reason the App hasn't been updated on the Apple Store in months is because Apple is now charging a $150 dev fee a year :rolleyes

If enough AAers use it I'll go ahead and get a dev account.

EDIT: This only applies to the AA branded app not the standard one.

Edited by Arcade King

Just a poll to see how many people use Tapatalk on IOS.

I just found out that the reason the App hasn't been updated on the Apple Store in months is because Apple is now charging a $150 dev fee a year :rolleyes

If enough AAers use it I'll go ahead and get a dev account.

I do.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Clearly not for this response though.

It's a service not a privilege. They are a business and if your going to give a service away your effectively losing your market share. Many people have become rich simply by creating an App and then sold it off for others to make money off the purchase. If your not in business to make money then why bother being in business at all.

• Administrators
It's a service not a privilege. They are a business and if your going to give a service away your effectively losing your market share. Many people have become rich simply by creating an App and then sold it off for others to make money off the purchase. If your not in business to make money then why bother being in business at all.

I don't want this thread to get off track, I just asked a simple question.

Tapatalk charge 10$ usd a month to get a premium branded app the advantage of which you can log straight into AA without the clutter of their standard app. I did this as a courtesy for AA members not because i had to.

Unfortunately even though the app is 100% free you still have to pay dev fee's. Google is just a one off fee and Apple was free but now are charging $149 a year which is hard to justify just for a free app.

The goal here is to find out whether enough AA members use Tapatalk on Apple devices to justify the cost or to advise them to just use the standard Tapatalk app to access AA.

I was originally using the standard app on Android before switching to the AA one.

I've now switched to an iPhone and use the AA app most days of the week.

Since it's a fee being put on AA, I wouldn't mind if using it was a perk of being a subscriber (at any level - $5+). Not sure you have the ability to do that though.

Regardless, I hope it's kept as I like it :023:

Me too.

It’s the difference between me being on the forum and not TBH. I’m paying the $1.50 per week or whatever it is also.

I’d be happy to make a regular donation if this becomes an issue

(ie at risk of losing the function).

You do a great job with the forum!

EDIT: didn’t know there was an AA branded app! Checking it out...

Edited by R64