Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New arcade project day.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to need a coin mech myself.

Based on the faceplate taking coins front on, I would have thought it wouldve been Front load, bottom reject?

Or is it supposed to be top load, bottom reject (i.e. although the coin goes in frontways through the faceplate, it actually drops down into a top loader?

Would love if someone could 100% confirm with pics :D

I can see how the coin mech is supposed to attach to the faceplate - if you stick your head behind the coin faceplate, youll see two kind of lugs which will be diagonal from one another which are attached to the faceplate

Then take a look at the sentinel coin mech picture from the highway website. Youll see it has a kind of mounting bracket with two holes diagonal to slot onto those lugs on the faceplate

- - - Updated - - -

@mrjamma, here you go. Measurements should be close enough, but it's hard to measure due to the bends.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133253[/ATTACH]

Bloody hell I hate the AA photo uploader. That image was rotated, saved and displayed fine on my PC. Now it uploads sideways.

Thanks for that. Man no idea how the **** im going to make a pair of them :O

Thanks guys, will check out my brackets tonight. Before I do anything else, I will be checking to see if my credit board is repairable. That will be a weekend job, as Ryan has sourced the parts for me.

I would think the only thing Stopping it from being repairable would be if the IC was stuffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to need a coin mech myself.

Based on the faceplate taking coins front on, I would have thought it wouldve been Front load, bottom reject?

Or is it supposed to be top load, bottom reject (i.e. although the coin goes in frontways through the faceplate, it actually drops down into a top loader?

Would love if someone could 100% confirm with pics :D

I can see how the coin mech is supposed to attach to the faceplate - if you stick your head behind the coin faceplate, youll see two kind of lugs which will be diagonal from one another which are attached to the faceplate

Then take a look at the sentinel coin mech picture from the highway website. Youll see it has a kind of mounting bracket with two holes diagonal to slot onto those lugs on the faceplate

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that. Man no idea how the **** im going to make a pair of them :O

It dont look that hard.

All you need to do is print out that picture and use it as tamplate.

The metal not that thick so it be easy to bend.

Just dill the holes frist

Thanks heaps @madal. So you have the blue one in yours, but the C220 will work fine? If that C220 is spare for the moment, I would love to borrow it to test my credit board. Could swing by and grab it sometime if that works for you. Also, what's the metal bracket at the bottom of the coin mech? I don't seem to have that, so I may have to look into getting one made if I need to. Could I swing by sometime and check out the whole thing in person? I'll PM you.

Nice pics. Excuse my noobness in looking at the pics, are they front load, bottom reject (not top load right)?

Also looks like the brackets for the credit display needs insulation from the board - in your case, perspex backing

Cheers (sorry to hijack, hoping the right info will also help the OP too )

Nice pics. Excuse my noobness in looking at the pics, are they front load, bottom reject (not top load right)?

Also looks like the brackets for the credit display needs insulation from the board - in your case, perspex backing

Cheers (sorry to hijack, hoping the right info will also help the OP too )

Not a hijack, just extra info :) The C220 is listed as front load, bottom reject on Highway's website, so I assume that must be the case.

Theres C220, C220A, C220B, all the same from what I can see.

Those ones I posted are my broken ones:cry thay stop working one day.

The coin displays have a 4mm perspex backing then 2mm space then coin display.

Believe it's to stop issues from the tube :unsure

Pat have a look at Andys 3 wheel driving cab coin door.

The it takes the same mechs

- - - Updated - - -

metal bracket is on the coin return tube. Dont know whats it for. Wire tying?

Edited by madal

• 1 month later...

Well, this got put on the backburner for a while as life got in the way. All I did was remove the old, dead Kortek and replace it with a spare Nanao 26 inch I had. After that, it just sat there for a while.

Still heaps to sort out with the coin mech wiring, light-up player start button wiring and the credit board, but I finally got off my ass to fix the dodgy wiring and buttons on the CP and hooked it all up.

The game is all working after the board was sent to Womble to repair some sound issues. It started up and played fine, but after a while of gameplay the board would make horrible audio crackling issues and then drop entire sounds. Womble replaced a bunch of stuff and brought it back to 100% working.

She'll be ready for my next games night, where the cab will have to be outside, due to a lack of space in my garage :lol

42299150_10157927034944768_2444581005609140224_n.thumb.jpg.411fde99f8f0ac471d1558cd6af194eb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, time for a brief update. Thanks to a lot of help, from a lot of people, this TMNT project is now 100% working. Decided that repairing the original credit board was too difficult, as it had been hacked so badly and would be difficult to diagnose what needed fixing. Instead, I picked up a Mk4 universal credit board from @madal, who also provided a lot of advice for hooking it up.

I trawled through all the TMNT threads and printed out a lot of wiring diagrams and schematics. It was this thread by @mrjamma that provided the most useful diagram.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/95089-LAI-TMNT-wiring?highlight=tmnt+credit+wiring

@Ryan555 came over yesterday and soldered up the new harness to hook up to the Mk4. We set the dip switch settings for the Mk4 and the TMNT board and hooked everything up. Booted the game, put a coin through the mech and boom, cowabunga noise plays as the coin rolls through and then the credit lights start flashing. Could not be happier! :) We didn't have a 4-pin molex plug handy to wire up the credit display properly, but we bodged it up enough to test it and it works perfectly. Put a $1 coin through and it displays 1 credit, do it again and it displays 2 credits.

One question to ask the experts. Before a credit is inserted, should all the player lights be off? Or should they all be on? All my player lights are off, until a coin goes through, then they start to flash, is that normal? I'm sure I've seen photos where they are all on, and then start flashing when a coin is put through.

The C220 I have in the machine is on loan from @madal, so now I need to find a C220 that is coded for 20c, $1 and $2 coins.

The lights only illuminate when there are credits in the pool i.e. when your credit display shows 0 they will not be lit at all. They light up upon being credited and stay lit till all credits are assigned and taken back to 0

Highway entertainment have c220 front load bottom reject and can also program as needed

Awesome, thanks, so it's all working as it should then. Bloody tops :)

Yeah, I will grab a mech from Highway if I can't find one on here. There is one for sale in a thread that I have PMed the owner about, but he is unsure what coins it has been programmed for.

I'll take some good shots today. I will be keeping it, I can't bring myself to sell it, it's too iconic of that 90s arcade era. I'd trade it for an LAI Simpsons 4 player, as that's a game I enjoy a lot more.

TMNT will be stored at a mate's place, as I have no room for it in my garage. One day, I will get enough space to fit it in :)

@mrjamma, I will take some good photos when it's all back together. Currently, I have the glass bracket drying after being painted black and the credit display is with a mate so he can install proper wiring to plug it in properly. When I get the display back in and the glass back on, I'll snap some photos and upload them.

@mrjamma, I will take some good photos when it's all back together. Currently, I have the glass bracket drying after being painted black and the credit display is with a mate so he can install proper wiring to plug it in properly. When I get the display back in and the glass back on, I'll snap some photos and upload them.
Well hurry up and get those things done. I want your games up and running by the time I'm back from the coast [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk