Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hello from Melbourne

Hi Guys,

I was a member a few years back when I was working on a home-brew arcade machine for a friend of mine, and got an email from the site reminding me that I had not logged on, so I thought I would introduce myself and say hello.

Fell in love with arcade machines when I was a wee little tyke back in the late 70's and have a heap of great memories clocking up scores with my friends at the local fish and chip shop, or exploring huge arcades like Grundys on the Gold Coast during family holidays.

Always wanted my own arcade machine, and had collected parts for over ten years till a friend of mine mentioned an independent game designer had a dream to load his game on an 80's style arcade machine, and I could not help but offer what I had.

In the end, we created the "Quarries of Scred" arcade machine, complete with side art, custom control pannel, and.... thermal printer. The idea was that you could get a print out of your score, that way you could never be challanged about what you achived (think Twin Galaxies might be interested?)

We took the machine to PAX Melbourne 2014, where it was the only Arcade machine in the vintage area. I was really happy to say, 2015 she revisited PAX, and was in line with all the big boys that had shown up.

There is a link about the project on my website, and I cant wait to build a deticated emulation machine as my next project.

http://www.thekoshertonystark.com/project/quarries-of-scred-arcade-cabinet/

Great to be back...

-Gil

PAXQuarriesScred.jpg.bd361a5b5df76cefd92eb5b3a31974a6.jpg

Control-panel.jpg.d9e6f3930fd79da2c1dcff899707c079.jpg

Hey Jamma,

Maybe we ended up playing a co-play console back in the day!

Miss those Big M posters too...

Thanks for the welcome.

-Gil

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome. What a fantastic idea

Thank you. Always wanted to see some score functionality in coin ops, and now the tech is out there to do it :)

In hindsight the fact that arcades actually had phucking escalators running in them shows how lucrative they were for operators back in the day :)

Melbourne CBD was full of timezone arcades with them also - it was nuts!