Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aussie Arcade MAME Challenge Round 2 nominations

Nominations for round 2 will start Friday the 13 at 8am and end Sunday the 12 at 8pm

2 games will be picked by popularity, 1 from 1985 and older and 1 pre 1985

If there is a game you want to play just nominate it here and/or vote for nominated games you want to play

No limit on nominations or votes

Nominations so far are:

Nominations / Votes

Pre 85

84 Chicken Shift

81 Pleiads / I

84 Bullfight

80 Battlezone

81 Turbo

84 Karate Champ

80 Centipede

82 Millipede

85+

99 Captain Tomaday

93 Tinkle Pit

93 Ninja Baseball Batman

92 Lethal Enforcers

95 Xevious 3D/G

91 Starblade /I

86 Arkanoid

87 Arkanoid - Revenge Of Doh

86 Gigas

97 Pop'n Pop

95 Bubble Memories

Edited by loki4101

i got a soft spot for Pleiads, parents ran a caravan park for a few years so i had the keys to the games room machines.. played a lot of Pleiads, and remained terrible at it regardless..

And Starblade, can't remember having played it bitd at all, didn't see many original cabs especially the big ones in the boonies..

unfortunately Starblade is to hard to control on a standard control setup.

well poop.. tho now i'm thinking thoughts about my racing sim rig and yoke controllers again.. that particular thought gets closer to reality each time i add another game to the list of things i could play on it..

Tinkle Pit. mame is just the gift that keeps on giving, after all the years of tinkering with it things i've never seen before still pop up..

Edited by moat
my fingers type words my brain wasn't thinking

Tinkle Pit. mame is just the gift that keeps on giving, after all the years of tinkering with it things i've never seen before still pop up..

I went through a long period where I would only play games I hadn't rated yet. Select random game, rate, select random game, rate... I should've kept going.

unfortunately Starblade is to hard to control on a standard control setup.
It's been ages but I've played it fine on my standard upright mame cab. I can't check it due to a house move and no pc gear unpacked and setup yet. What is the issue with it ? The mame entry online says 1 stick 4 buttons.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It's been ages but I've played it fine on my standard upright mame cab. I can't check it due to a house move and no pc gear unpacked and setup yet. What is the issue with it ? The mame entry online says 1 stick 4 buttons.

I had a quick play but the controls were analog so there was no real control, ill have a look tomorrow there may be another rom that handles better

Just for info of others most analog or spinner games are still playable with a standard joystick, mame does a pretty good job of making do. Games like pole position, turbo, cockpit star wars are fine with a standard joystick. If you've got a mouse or analogue stick you'll get much better accuracy especially for games like star wars, I've never tried it but might be worth a shot for people playing on a regular computer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

ahh, centipede my nemesis, we may meet again.. one of the other machines in the park games room was centipede, it disliked me.. it must have done as it refused to give up its secrets, it didn't even bother to make itself fun to be terrible at like its friend pleiads.. but that was a lot of lives ago, and while you haven't changed centipede, maybe i have..

So thinking setting up a mouse would be easy in mame, apparantly not so easy. My mouse can control the mame menu, but nothing happens when I try to set x or y axises or use the mouse buttons. I've enabled mouse input in mame. Is there some sort of trickery I have missed ?

edit: got it, all good. Starblade is great with a mouse.

Edited by Jed

So @kane...Arkanoid fan by any chance

I have a Lowboy cabinet with a spinner set up, and PCBs of Arkanoid, Tournament Arkanoid and Gigas that I can swap in and out. Also have an Arkanoid Returns board, but that uses a horizontal monitor so I can't use it in that cab. Would love a Revenge of Doh board but never see them here in Aus.

Also have a trackball Lowboy with a Millipede PCB :023:

I have a Lowboy cabinet with a spinner set up, and PCBs of Arkanoid, Tournament Arkanoid and Gigas that I can swap in and out. Also have an Arkanoid Returns board, but that uses a horizontal monitor so I can't use it in that cab. Would love a Revenge of Doh board but never see them here in Aus.

Also have a trackball Lowboy with a Millipede PCB :023:

drool.. if i was to give another cab a home it would be a spinner setup..

• 4 weeks later...