Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aussie Arcade MAME Challenge Round 1

Welcome everyone to Round 1 of the Aussie Arcade MAME challenge

The games being played this round are:

Robotron (robotron)

and

Repulse (repulse)

The challenge will start Friday July 13th at 8am and end Sunday August 12th at 8pm

Submit your pics/screen shots below.

Rules for play and posting scores can be found at:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/94788-RULES-as-of-12-7-2018

Any questions just ask and if nothing else, have fun

Standings

Robotron

267,825 - Bishop83

124,300 - moat

116,450 - redferata

87,050 - rat

43,825 - ajfclark

41,325 - Jed

36,550 - Loki4101

Repulse

109,370 - rat

74,900 - moat

59,650 - redferata

41,100 - kane

24,550 - jed

21,730 - Loki4101

16,550 - Jason_roberts13

Edited by loki4101

nothing i'm happy to submit yet, but after a couple of quick games of repulse on the pc i just had an embarrassing lightbulb moment that might help me at least make the high score table :redface

its been a while since the cab was on so its a festival of windows updates this morning..

Both these games are great. Can you run them for a month instead of two weeks please :)

Dug out my laptop and found a gamepad and played a bit of both tonight now the world cup and wimbledon are over :)

can't believe i've never played Robotron. i don't remember seeing a robotron machine in my local arcades aand I've heard it mentioned in pop culture and shown as a big part of arcade history... Ive got a CD where it's mentioned in a song by the beastie boys but somehow i never got around to playing it ever. what. had a few goes tonight and man it gets brutal quickly but i can see why it was so popular, heaps of fun and quick thinking/movement. want to get better.

Never played repulse or heard of it but it's a fun shooter :) pretty basic the style and gfx reminds me of a million C64 shooters. but it has that one more go factor. i think i made it to the spinning disc things.

hope to improve on both

Repulse

https://postimages.org/]20180716_233425.jpg[/url]

Robotron

https://postimages.org/]20180716_225805.jpg[/url]

[TABLE=class: cf wS]

[TR]

[TD=class: amq]AIbEiAIAAABECKC-6puIqZ7fjQEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKigzYTM2MGIyYjk1NmU0NGEyNTk1YzgyMWMxMzBlMjk4YzIzZWQ5YmY4MAGWSrawzBsNnI4IeYAODVxRzY2hQA?sz=32[/TD]

[TD=class: amr][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Never played repulse or heard of it but it's a fun shooter :) pretty basic the style and gfx reminds me of a million C64 shooters. but it has that one more go factor. i think i made it to the spinning disc things.

Repulse is also known as Son of Phoenix, you might notice some of the enemy patterns are kind of like in the original Phoenix, and the player shield.

There's a shield ! That should help my game ☺

The shield was my lightbulb moment.. didn't help much.. if the guy who programmed the trajectories of the missiles at the start of scene 2 had appeared as a bond villain that's where the franchise would have ended.. have been enjoying it, nice mix of blasting and fu.. fu.. fu.. ooh that was close bullet dodging moments..

I went to turn on my cabinet for the first time in ages but it won't boot. :-(

I don't have time to faff with it at the moment sadly.

That's a shame mate, I often don't find time to play, but if one of my cabs wasn't working it would be a reasonably high priority for me to get it working. Good luck I hope it's something quick and easy, when time is short you could just start with a couple of the quickest troubleshooting ideas first and cross them off the list so you don't fall into the trap of putting it off until you have a large chunk of time to spare.

Robotron

This is a fun game, I never played it at the arcade, the Master Players at Williams Defender Players Unite (I use it for Defender) introduced me to this game and I do enjoy it but not nearly as much as Defender. I don't have any real strategies and just run about blasting everything. This game is marathonable for the masters, but not for me, I have played it on my cab before but for some reason my joystick settings were reset and high scores gone when I played last night, strange.

Anyway got set up and I enjoyed one game of Robotron and one of Repluse and then it was time to go upstairs and play with my wife :)

Due to the limited time I commit to gaming I would be in support of keeping each game for a month also as I will only get to play a couple of times in two weeks, but will go with whatever the majority wants for that.

2i1346ch.jpg

Repulse

I think I played this BITD, the graphics are a bit uninspiring but the simple gameplay is fun and fair and the one game that I had went for longer than I would usually expect for a game I'm am not familiar with. I guessed their was a shield as soon as I saw the energy bar :) I hope to put my name up next game :)

Ed7KymLh.jpg

That's a shame mate, I often don't find time to play, but if one of my cabs wasn't working it would be a reasonably high priority for me to get it working. Good luck I hope it's something quick and easy, when time is short you could just start with a couple of the quickest troubleshooting ideas first and cross them off the list so you don't fall into the trap of putting it off until you have a large chunk of time to spare.

I play pins more that mame, so it hasn't been turned on in months. It's just a Raspberry pi, IPAC in a cabinet with an LCD monitor. If anyone has an opinion on the quickest way to get it back up ad running I'm all ears.

I play pins more that mame, so it hasn't been turned on in months. It's just a Raspberry pi, IPAC in a cabinet with an LCD monitor. If anyone has an opinion on the quickest way to get it back up ad running I'm all ears.
I've got a pi2 arcade/console setup so might be able to help, but need more info. what system is the pi running (dee2er jammapi image, retropie?) and what is displayed on the screen when it fails.

just off the top of my head I've found the quickest fix for pi systems that won't boot is to re-image your microsd (if you have a backup of the pi system.)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app