Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bowland SA Masters Pinball Challenge 2018!! - Port Pirie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some recent developments; it seems we have secured a number of sponsors for the SA Masters. What this means is that we will have a reasonable pool of prize money for the main event. Finer details are yet to be finalised, the exact outcome will be posted in this thread in coming days!

Cheers :)

Some recent developments; it seems we have secured a number of sponsors for the SA Masters. What this means is that we will have a reasonable pool of prize money for the main event.

Cheers :)

Sounds great but.... make sure you reimburse yourselves for what I’m sure will be hours and hours of work preparing for the comps. I think we need to start making sure TDs get paid for hosting the big events like this. Let’s change this culture of focusing on maximising prize money- otherwise people like you and Lambo will burn out.

Yes, without someone to organise then there is no tournament. Worth noting also is without entrants there is no tournament either. What makes organising particularly difficult is when so many leave entering till the very last minute and the organisers have to fork out for costs from their own pocket in the meantime (this is what happened for the last tournament at the Federal, luckily I had a full time job at that time, to cover all the costs).

Ordering trophies can be tricky without a job or regular income. Lucky I'm making some of them at home! . The way things are going there won't be trophies for the other events, perhaps just some prizemoney if entries all wait til the last week... surely everyone realises that orders for trophies can't be placed in the last few days leading up to the tournament?? :confused:

Thank you to all those whom are making an effort, getting in early and not dragging the chain... it is Much appreciated and Very helpful!! Cheers!

I don't want to be paid, for me it is a "love job" :) . I just hope to not have to pay or sacrifice in order to organise a tournament for everybody!

- - - Updated - - -

*Also worth noting that without the half dozen guys putting forward their machines there wouldn't be such a great tournament either! ... So thank you to all those helping out in all kinds of ways! (you all know who you are :023:)

It Is going to be pretty Epic! ...

As many entrants have stated, and I'm the same, Can't Wait!! :cool:

Edited by razorsedge

The thread for the next Federal event will be started before the end of the year. There will be a Considerable Discount for having entry finalised early on, before the discount cut-off date.

*The plan at this stage is for the 2019 Federal Flip Frenzy to run over the weekend of 12th-14th of April 2019

Edited by razorsedge

I'm interested but will be having minor surgery the Friday before the comp so it'll all come down to how I'm feeling and if I can travel. I'll know for sure probably the Monday or Tuesday before the comp at the latest. I know it'll be late notice but it's the best I can do unfortunately. I'm a chance to miss 2 SA Masters comps out of 2

I'm interested but will be having minor surgery the Friday before the comp so it'll all come down to how I'm feeling and if I can travel. I'll know for sure probably the Monday or Tuesday before the comp at the latest. I know it'll be late notice but it's the best I can do unfortunately. I'm a chance to miss 2 SA Masters comps out of 2

Thanks for the heads up mate, list updated.

Look forward to seeing you there, I hope everything goes well!

I'm pleased to announce that thanks to some recent sponsorship the SA Masters Main Event 1st Place takes home a Custom Pinball Trophy and minimum $400 in prizemoney. Depending on the number of entrants, prizemoney might also be divided back to more than just the top three for the main event. There will be a total of 17 trophies where 5 of the recipients will not be among the top finishers.

A Big Thank You to our generous Sponsors:

Simon - Amusement Worx Australia

Andrew - A1 Pizza & MarkDown Pinball

Gerry - Electrical Products (.com.au)

Geez, have I got some work to do! :o

Some further developments around this event...

Due to school holidays beginning the week before the SA Masters, Bowland will be open throughout the day for the weekdays leading up to the event. We are gong to organise a series of small tournaments to allow the newer players some practice at playing pinball! . Little Beans Play Cafe is also interested in holding a small event during this week as well. Thanks to @G who is offering to help out with running these events! .

These events are being planned for the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday leading up to the weekend. The finals for the Bowland Mini league are also being held on the Saturday before these events. There will be a new thread started for this series of smaller tournaments.

Trophies have been ordered and are on their way, 1st place trophies all around 300mm height. This is what we're getting:

Group Matchplay 1st 2nd 3rd

1326938916_GroupMatchplayTrophy.jpg.5b07021223abf80dde30b580dac1539f.jpg

Flip Frenzy 1st 2nd 3rd

1967092275_FlipFrenzyTrophy.jpg.ef4e75c3f208ac59597ba7f4090ea7aa.jpg

Group Knockout 1st 2nd 3rd

787949672_GroupKnockoutTrophy.JPG.d6dd61b875c481fa30c4faaa4c462956.JPG

"I Played Better Than Two Other Pinheads" (x3 - for each of above)

5822327_IPBTTOPTrophy.jpg.1b45a9ab0d10efcc757163fd4b662508.jpg

Officials and Organisers Choice - Potential Pinball Wizard

1417260059_PPWOampOChoice.jpg.6534a5c3accab16ae9c85a9ce27d94d3.jpg

Work on the 4 Custom Trophies for B.G.C. is also well under way, very similar to these...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135483[/ATTACH]

TrophiesCust.thumb.jpg.00f8c35de8822920d1104afd6650bf0d.jpg

Trophies have been ordered and are on their way, 1st place trophies all around 300mm height. This is what we're getting:

Group Matchplay 1st 2nd 3rd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135478[/ATTACH]

Flip Frenzy 1st 2nd 3rd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135479[/ATTACH]

Group Knockout 1st 2nd 3rd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135480[/ATTACH]

"I Played Better Than Two Other Pinheads" (x3 - for each of above)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135481[/ATTACH]

Officials and Organisers Choice - Potential Pinball Wizard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135482[/ATTACH]

Work on the 4 Custom Trophies for B.G.C. is also well under way, very similar to these...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135483[/ATTACH]

I love my custom trophy, Ray, it sits right next to my desk and I enjoy it every day. It is a work of art. It is a lot of work for you but totally worth the enjoyment it gives.

• 2 weeks later...

For all those kindly offering to do scorekeeping for a short period during the BGC qualifying, if you have a preference for a time slot please let me know and I will note it in one of the first posts. 9:30-10:30, 10:30-11:30 so on so on through to 2:30-3:30... making 6 one hour time slots. Those of us organising will take what is left over. Two scorers for each timeslot. First in first listed...

Cheers! :)

Edited by razorsedge