Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RULES as of 25/7/2018

RULES (last updated 25/7/2018)

This is a casual set of competitions and is purely for FUN and not to be taken too seriously

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Selection:

Games will be selected from nominations from you guys/girls in a dedicated thread.

At this stage any era is ok but nothing that cant be run on a billy basic computer.

Nominations for the next pair of games will run at the same time as scores are being taken for the current games.

The aim is to avoid the main stay games like Galaga and Donkey Kong and play more obscure and odd games.

Games with special controls EG Steering Wheels, Guns and Track Balls are ok BUT only if they can be played with a joystick

When a game is posted I will post the ROM name and that is the version we all play.

Layout:

2 Games will be selected buy public nominations, 1 pre 1985 and 1 from 1985 onward, both games will run simultaneously

Games will be posted on a Thursday night and scores will be accepted from 8am the next morning

the games will then run for 31 days with score submissions finishing at 8pm Sunday night.

I will aim to have the Final scores and placings posted by Monday evening.

Don't worry, instructions on when games start and finish will be clearly posted with dates.

What can I Play On:

At this point any version of MAME and mutiboards so long as the dips are set to the MAME default

"Entering":

Everyone is welcome to play (except Steve...hes a dick and knows what he did) but if you plan on

submitting a score please send me a PM with your user name, real name and High score Initials you

use just so I can make a database. (optional)

(This Information will all be kept private and only used for blackmail purposes)

Submitting a Score:

To submit a score you need to post a photo or screenshot showing your score, with the first line of the post being the score.

Feel free to add a description of the setup you are using to if you like.

Start a new post for each score you want to submit, do not edit older posts as I will not notice and that score wont be counted.

This is a purely honesty based system so please respect the intent of these competitions.

Submitting a score can be done from 8am Friday (the first day of the game) until 8pm Sunday (17 ish days of play).

Please only submit scores you have gotten in the time period the games where running.

Other Stuff:

All games are to be played on MAME default setting

No saves or cheats.

No Points leaching tactics

No continues (1 credit only per game).

if you need a Rom PM me and we can sort you out.

Any Questions just ask, at the end of the day this is intended only to be a bit of fun, Please play to the intent of the rules not to the letter of them.

Please don't take it too seriously...I'm not

last but not least everything is subject to change at a whim.

Edited by loki4101

• Super Moderator

Just curious, Why do we need to send you our real name?

User name and initials can be got from the players post and screen shot.

I thought this was just an F12 and post, don’t make it harder than it needs to be

PS I’m just a grumpy old fart along for the ride, you guys do whatever you want

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Ive gotten PMs with people using there real names so I thought a list might make my life a little easier but if you don't want to tell me that info you dont have to, Im not going to ban anyone from submitting or anything like that.