Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Widebody cab

I'm after a widebody cab for a future homebrew project. I'm willing to drive to collect it. I'll be heading to The Goldcoast/Brisbane around the 11th of March or late April but will also travel to Newcastle or even Sydney if needed. I don't care if it needs work, has no legs, coin door, rails or lockdown bar (but with a lockdown bar would be preferred) but I'll need it to be fairly cheap ($250 or under).[emoji16] I'm hoping to find something for my Banana Splits project.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i have got an empty classic stern orbitor 1 if that helps you trev.
That sounds promising thanks Doug. I'll have to go through the transport posts and see what I can do about getting it here?

I'm out and about at the moment I'll message you when I'm back at home.

Cheers Trev

We are blessed we have "pinball wreckers" out there.

I wasn't holding much chance of you finding a wide body Stern lockdown molding to tell you the truth but @wiredoug come through.

Banana flippers will suit the "Banana Splits" theme nicely I think plus they are just excellent fun to master on a pin with far more emphasis on back flipping.

Just make sure you order the yellow rubbers and not the blue. Disco Fever used yellow and TimeWarp used the blue but be aware you need to glue them to the bat or they will rise up and fall off. A drop of woodglue on each end on the top of the bat works perfectly and makes it easy enough to swap rubbers when they wear out.

You may like to try using really stretchy standard flipper rubbers around the bent bats and watch how powerful those flippers become.

You might want to drop the power down on those flipper coils though.;)

The spring effect of the rubbers is amazing.:blink:

It's a bit like having a slingshot kicker on your flippers.:)

We are blessed we have "pinball wreckers" out there.

I wasn't holding much chance of you finding a wide body Stern lockdown molding to tell you the truth but @wiredoug come through.

Banana flippers will suit the "Banana Splits" theme nicely I think plus they are just excellent fun to master on a pin with far more emphasis on back flipping.

Just make sure you order the yellow rubbers and not the blue. Disco Fever used yellow and TimeWarp used the blue but be aware you need to glue them to the bat or they will rise up and fall off. A drop of woodglue on each end on the top of the bat works perfectly and makes it easy enough to swap rubbers when they wear out.

You may like to try using really stretchy standard flipper rubbers around the bent bats and watch how powerful those flippers become.

You might want to drop the power down on those flipper coils though.;)

The spring effect of the rubbers is amazing.:blink:

It's a bit like having a slingshot kicker on your flippers.:)

It was actually Zivko who had the lockdown bar and Doug had the cab. I just need a coin door now.[emoji6] I've got the red bats with yellow rubbers for the Banana flippers. Thanks for the heads up regarding the glue and power requirements @Autosteve. It'll be a fun project but a long term one.

Cheers Trev.

It was actually Zivko who had the lockdown bar and Doug had the cab. I just need a coin door now.[emoji6] I've got the red bats with yellow rubbers for the Banana flippers. Thanks for the heads up regarding the glue and power requirements @Autosteve. It'll be a fun project but a long term one.

Cheers Trev.

If you just use the bananas as intended, the stronger the coils the better but don't use the original Williams flipper assemblies, they are absolute crap. I'd go Bally SS or Williams late model assemblies with the Williams banana bats myself.

If you go the stretchy standard flipper rubbers around the banana flippers idea, then you want really weak coils or you'll nail the ball through the head.:lol