Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hi from Brisbane North

Hi retro guys,

I'm from Brisbane (Warner) and I have been dreaming of building an arcade machine for many years now; the standup type machine has always been my favourite - although I'm leaning more towards a table (cocktail) type due to space. I have started buying all sorts of stuff online to get started. I have repaired a Tekken 1 board and it is a real buzz to have a jamma board running for the first time.

I just read on this Arcade forum of a place in Brisbane called 1UP Arcade here in Brisbane which I had no idea existed - hopefully I will get to visit it this week!

Nice to meet you all and what a fantastic site too.

Thanks!

Hi retro guys,

I'm from Brisbane (Warner) and I have been dreaming of building an arcade machine for many years now; the standup type machine has always been my favourite - although I'm leaning more towards a table (cocktail) type due to space. I have started buying all sorts of stuff online to get started. I have repaired a Tekken 1 board and it is a real buzz to have a jamma board running for the first time.

I just read on this Arcade forum of a place in Brisbane called 1UP Arcade here in Brisbane which I had no idea existed - hopefully I will get to visit it this week!

Nice to meet you all and what a fantastic site too.

Thanks!

Welcome to AA. However, one thing to remember is that cocktails take up more space than your average sized upright cabinet. Cocktails need room on both sides for stools and players, unless you are planning on building a side by side cocktail.

I recommend looking into a 20 inch lowboy cab. They are the best fit between size and usability IMO.

Hey guys, thanks for that, nice to meet you both!

20" actually sounds perfect for me as I have *just* obtained a 19" CRT, mixed thoughts about a cocktail machine would mean it could be used as a table when not in use. I really appreciate the link to the plans too, plus I am a massive fan of Taito :D.