Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Pin Day on Valentines Day

Glenn70

Yes, timing was actually perfect. I had been hinting to my lovely wife after playing GOTG a few weeks ago that I was very interested in owning this game. So as it turns out, I sold a machine as she instructed and Valentines Day was the collection date. My son off to kinder, my daughter off to school, and my wife to work. Yipppeeee, free time for a few hours and 'New Pin Day' for me! She had no idea it was arriving so quickly after the sale of Mousin' Around. So I softened the blow with 50 red roses I delivered to her work.

roses.thumb.jpg.2d18cf073f5ad536de287e80a54882dd.jpg

Then straight to Zax at Port Melbourne to get my machine with the help from @Noob-A-Tron. Thanks mate.

After arriving home and unloading GOTG and then loading another up, there was no time to play. Due to later commitments of dinner and a movie, then work tonight, I managed to squeeze in a game 2 days later. Have been busy since it arrived home with mirror blades fitted, a few LED's changed over, shaker motor installed, upgraded internal leg brackets and black leg bolts and Baby Groot topper put up. I still have a few mods to fit that I just ordered from Mezel and some clear plastic washers to protect the sling plastics that also just ordered. I reckon they look better than the metal washers. A few toys maybe and a Baby Groot keyring I sourced from China for $5.

The internal leg brackets were quite simple to fit and I ensured the earth braid still had a decent connection with the metal bracket. For about $30, I think it's a damn good upgrade as peace of mind when moving machine around that the legs are just better secured. Also replaced the original silver/chrome leg bolts as I think the black leg bolts look better with the black legs. My three recent Sterns now have the better brackets and black leg bolts.

136179998_legbracket1.thumb.jpg.7a34c925c9b5e4f9b83372a3b3191753.jpg661225864_legbracket2.thumb.jpg.c0a1268d0cd3c39741a4a4f44081e35a.jpg1176646017_legbracket3.thumb.jpg.f696c084370be88a848abf85242d36c1.jpg1632061982_legbracket4.thumb.JPG.288a401b4a85c11a630847250b854095.JPG

The mirror blades just fit in with about 1mm to spare. Thanks @Ryza for these.

Mblades.thumb.jpg.796ea928a8ca9b14944fa3f62456027a.jpg

Although just a Pro model, tt looks really nice in my small line up, especially with Baby Groot on top! Artwork and colours are great and most importantly the kids love the movie and the new pinball machine.

1532501887_GOTG1.thumb.jpg.91339252dc27c2a335b9ae9d642806f4.jpg294243679_GOTG2.thumb.jpg.79628037a9c1a28f605e465ffc0cad24.jpg1559684499_GOTG3.thumb.jpg.9102dda7a1764e66407a3effe39ffaa9.jpgtopper.thumb.jpg.829a34a7d12de55c214a45b127a2a7a8.jpg

When my wife arrived home she saw it in the garage and stressed, "no more pinball machines this year now.....................next year ok!"

- - - Updated - - -

cards.thumb.jpg.b9032981f8dc61331a144fc70c9bab80.jpg

I made a custom card for the right but the instruction card on the left looks a bit odd now. I need it to be coloured and match the other side. Any suggestions? I was thinking I could get it scanned and modified to brighter colours. Maybe change the yellow in the card to a light red or other colour.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to update the latest code - V0.87

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that made things easier was the removal of the playfield from inside the cab so I could fit the mirror blades properly. Only 2 x connectors and a very long Cat 5 patch cable.

IMG_8560.thumb.jpg.8487f2be392a64e2d5401ba8cad227ea.jpgIMG_8561.thumb.jpg.d2e390ae7248e6ca0dd9b02bb04a6eaf.jpg

Very nice purchase mate, You need a sign at the door that says Stern Only its heading that way mate!

I Need to make time to come over and have a game, Enjoy mate i know you will pimp this up like the other 2. Your Pro's look better than most Premiums.

Thanks mate. If I had a lot more money I would just buy LE's, but as I have stated before, many Pro models are still very good.

Thanks mate. If I had a lot more money I would just buy LE's, but as I have stated before, many Pro models are still very good.

Remember I did tell you that late model Sterns are extremely addictive and plenty of fun. You are building yourself quite a nice collection. Congratulations Glenn!

Con.

Remember I did tell you that late model Sterns are extremely addictive and plenty of fun. You are building yourself quite a nice collection. Congratulations Glenn!

Con.

Yes you did. I have just updated the new code and had a couple a good games this morning after only a few hours sleep. So happy with it.

Yes you did. I have just updated the new code and had a couple a good games this morning after only a few hours sleep. So happy with it.

That is great to hear. My wife loves ours and as per normal I am warming up to it the more I play it... Still nothing can ever be as good as Walking Dead!

Keep smiling!

That is great to hear. My wife loves ours and as per normal I am warming up to it the more I play it... Still nothing can ever be as good as Walking Dead!

Keep smiling!

Yes, I now have the dilemma of which machine to play when I walk in the garage as I love all three equally. It will be Guardians for the next few weeks of course then who knows? Poor STTNG will not be played for a while I reckon...........

Cheers mate.

Congrats.

They do look good together. Nice kid friendly theme along with Ghostbusters.

Walking Dead - not so much! Do the kids play it or are they scared of it? :lol

The kids love the scary stuff Mike. That's why Charlie likes Scared Stiff. They were around, in and out of the TV room when my wife watched the entire Walking Dead TV series she obtained on the hard drive, so didn't mind the theme. Yes, a bit strange given the violent nature of some of the killings and bashings, etc. They are quite 'out there' and educated and fully understand it's all make up and not real, although much of the watching of the series was done after they went to bed. The kids still love the zombie noises the machine makes.

But they have gravitated to Guardians as they loved both of the movies and love Baby Groot from the second one. I like the music from both movies and I hope more songs get added to the code updates, if that is possible.

The kids love the scary stuff Mike. That's why Charlie likes Scared Stiff. They were around, in and out of the TV room when my wife watched the entire Walking Dead TV series she obtained on the hard drive, so didn't mind the theme. Yes, a bit strange given the violent nature of some of the killings and bashings, etc. They are quite 'out there' and educated and fully understand it's all make up and not real, although much of the watching of the series was done after they went to bed. The kids still love the zombie noises the machine makes.

But they have gravitated to Guardians as they loved both of the movies and love Baby Groot from the second one. I like the music from both movies and I hope more songs get added to the code updates, if that is possible.

They are braver then me lol

A recent visitor here said that you need to buy Charlie one of these for your collection.... :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=118860&d=1509620500

Yes you are right. The cardboard cut out or the SS? Assuming the SS, I wish I had of grabbed one a number of years ago when they were only $4K or so. They just don't come up that often these days and when they do, they are upwards of $9K (depending on condition of course)...........and that's a brand new machine! And you know me, I would want one mint. Bloody hard to justify. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and get an opportunity to source one or win Tatts.

- - - Updated - - -

Next time I visit my sister in Nth Ringwood, I'll be at your doorstep asking if Charlie can have a couple of games. She will even offer you some gold coins from her money box I reckon.

Yes you are right. The cardboard cut out or the SS? Assuming the SS, I wish I had of grabbed one a number of years ago when they were only $4K or so. They just don't come up that often these days and when they do, they are upwards of $9K (depending on condition of course)...........and that's a brand new machine! And you know me, I would want one mint. Bloody hard to justify. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and get an opportunity to source one or win Tatts.

- - - Updated - - -

Next time I visit my sister in Nth Ringwood, I'll be at your doorstep asking if Charlie can have a couple of games. She will even offer you some gold coins from her money box I reckon.

You’re both welcome anytime, but she can keep her gold coins. Maybe save towards a pin of her own?

Oh, and I meant the SS (although the cutout is cheaper!)

You should have bought 1 rose, then used the saved cash to mod your pinny ! For a simple few pink roses ( not red ) I made my missus happy and she did not ask the price of a DMD colour LED display and 3D back glass ! I got for my Theatre Of Magic :D

Yes, good point............I agree. But she loved her 50 roses. I guess it put her in a good mood to come home and suddenly see a brand new game, she didn't know was coming that day. Anyhow she quite fond of it now, but her favourite is TWD.

I did place an order with Mezel last night, so have 3 mods coming:

Groot mouth light, infinity stone and scoop light - Keeping the mods simple and not going too far.

84141149_GOTGGrootmouth.jpg.9df8b480644641a8baccd4f2d36477fd.jpg1623721100_GOTGInfinitystone.jpg.c1d5380ff0f2525647f1e824240cc92c.jpg1360869664_GOTGscooplight.thumb.jpg.b642ebfcff837d1d86985358a8863e3d.jpg

you know where I mean right?, just after the pic of the mirror blade.....thinking it's just a typo, may meant 'it'.

there are so many abbreviations I figured I missed one, no biggy.

Yes, you are right, very observant. I didn't see that one. I try and proof read my posts but there is nearly always one little one that slips through. Maybe as I post very late at night most of the time? Cheers mate and hope you find a new/newish machine. Let us know if you do.