Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aussie Arcade MAME challenge Round 1 rules and nominations

i'm ok with running for a month, game time is rarer than i'd like..

whats the thoughts on sharing tips?

My opinion is tips should be discouraged for the first week. Apart from small obvious tips such as "Hey mate did you realise that there is a shield button in this game? " :D

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I haven’t seen many tips to warrant a new thread, I think just keep it in the same thread as the score posts

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I'm just thinking I personally don't care when/if tips are shared but others like @Rat for example would prefer people to wait before posting them, a separate thread would mean each player can decide when and if the see them

Fair idea, but I think a separate thread adds complexity, I am happy with people posting tips in the game thread as long as people don't post big spoilers and detailed walk throughs as soon as the game is listed. I think most people already know not to do that. :cool:

My opinion is tips should be discouraged for the first week. Apart from small obvious tips such as "Hey mate did you realise that there is a shield button in this game? " :D

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Shields are for the weak :laugh: great score on Repulse Rat, I knew you would crush this game.

I agree far as tips go, a lot of fun in an unfamiliar game is discovering things on your own. After the half way point then tip away. anyone wants tips sooner then plenty of games have a write-up online or a youtube playthrough.

Speaking of youtube I sat through a longplay of finishing the campaign mode in Barbarian II (Amiga) the other day. There's a bore for you. Roll attack, low hit, ad infinitum....

• 3 weeks later...