Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Joe Kaminkow - Predator?

I'm not sure the name has much to do with a machine's popularity.

I don't think Stern's Star Wars did to well and I don't think you could get a better well known name at this moment in time to tell you the truth.

Many say look at The Addams Family and the impact of a name can have on sales but here are a few titles and sales numbers to compare Addams with. Some licensed and some not and you be the judge...

Bally.............Addams Family.......21,270 units

Williams.........Flash...................19,505 units

Bally, Stern....Harley Davidson.....<3,000 units

Bally.............Kiss.....................17,000 units

Williams.........FirePower.............17,410 units

Williams.........Black Knight..........13,675 units

Bally.............Space Invaders......11,400 units

Bally ............Gilligan's Islands......4,100 units

Data East......Star Wars.............10,400 units

Williams.........Star Wars...............3,520 units

Theme alone won't just do it these days with home market. If it doesn't look mazing and play well even preditor would suffer in sales.

Btw I have heard recently that an unlicensed pinball is in the pipelines but i can't confirm 100%. I would like to see an original theme from stern to see how they handle it

I haven't read anything about the potential game in the pipeline but I wonder how a "Top Gun" licenced theme would go? May be popular with the older crowd that remember the first movie, and be popular with the younger crowd if the new movie is a success. I can think of lots of sound bites and music that, IMO, would be great in a pinball. Good luck getting the big names to sign onto it though for voices etc.

I haven't read anything about the potential game in the pipeline but I wonder how a "Top Gun" licenced theme would go? May be popular with the older crowd that remember the first movie, and be popular with the younger crowd if the new movie is a success. I can think of lots of sound bites and music that, IMO, would be great in a pinball. Good luck getting the big names to sign onto it though for voices etc.

At the time the license holders wanted too much so F14 tomcat was born.