Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

'Pinballs Missing' Error, anyone had this?

maxi

Hi all

Have a problem with my whitewater, accidentally dropped the playfield a little hard down into the cabinet and a problem has developed where the machine thinks all the balls are missing and won't start a game. None of the three trough switches register in test, but all of the switches appear operational individually when I test with a meter and the diodes do not appear faulty. There are no wire breaks (that are visible) but this has me thinking that there is a break somewhere in the daisy-chain of these three switches. The switch for the trough kicker does work (the one that gets rid of the ball from the bottom of the playfield when you lose it) but the three sensors for the stationary balls don't.

I'm sort of at my wit's end here, any thoughts?

Cheers

Max

Hi all

Have a problem with my whitewater, accidentally dropped the playfield a little hard down into the cabinet and a problem has developed where the machine thinks all the balls are missing and won't start a game. None of the three trough switches register in test, but all of the switches appear operational individually when I test with a meter and the diodes do not appear faulty. There are no wire breaks (that are visible) but this has me thinking that there is a break somewhere in the daisy-chain of these three switches. The switch for the trough kicker does work (the one that gets rid of the ball from the bottom of the playfield when you lose it) but the three sensors for the stationary balls don't.

I'm sort of at my wit's end here, any thoughts?

Cheers

Max

Could be as simple as a loose plug in the trough. Check all your connections.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Administrators

White Water doesn't use the opto trough.

Looking at the manual those switches are on column 7, Rapids ramp main, Hot foot upper, Hot foot lower, Disaster drop main.

I'd be checking to see if all those worked, if so you got a break somewhere.

Grab the switch matrix diagram and study it closely to see whats being shared and start from the first switch in that Column/Row in switch edge test, as soon as the first fail appears look there that way you eliminate whether the problem lies in the row or column