Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Paradise - Progressive strikes Pinball

I would like to help reintroduce pinball at Pinball Paradise in Melbourne.

There are (I think) 17 machines there currently and it is a pity that there are no monthly tournaments.

I have been talking to the owner Josh, and he wants me to help run a monthly, which will then eventually be run internally by them.

Date: The big opening is planned for August the 8th at 7pm. Registraction starts at 6.30pm

2nd event will be the 22nd of August, and then it will be every 2nd last Wednesday from then on in

Address: 1/213 Franklin St, Melbourne VIC 3004.

It is 500meters from Flagstaff Station. Parking is available outside. You need to feed the meter until 8.30pm and then its free after that.

Entry: $10, which will go into feeding the machines

Prizes: TBC

Format: The exact format will depend on how many people show up. The event will be hopefully over in 3 ~4 hours. There are plenty of machines so the wait times shouldn't be long. I will also have the keys so can sort out any issues ASAP.

The goal is to run a progressive strikes Tournament.

Players start off with 4 or 5 strikes

Players get randomly assigned a group and machine.

They will play a 4 player game

1st = 0 strikes

2nd = 1 strike

3rd = 1 strike

4th = 2 strikes

If its a 3 player game due to uneven numbers

1st = 0 strikes

2nd = 1 strike

3rd = 2 strike

If it is a 2 player game, at the end or with 5 players left

1st = 0 strikes

2nd = 2 strikes

Last person standing wins!

So I'm down in Mexico enjoying the cold and gloomy conditions.

I would like to say firstly...great to see pins at a venue close to where I'm staying...thankyou

Also I expect some average player machines.

But bloody hell...they are all pretty friggin unloved and faulty!

Maybe pass on to owner or operator or who ever before your shin dig!

T2 cannon f'd cant start a game but gladly accepts coins

Bsd ball search missing stuck shooter but gladly keeps coins

Getaway top flipper f'd

Eight ball throwing out constant free games but inserts mostly out so no fn idea whats going on

Supersonic flippers snagged

That's a I can remember half way through happy hour.

So I'm down in Mexico enjoying the cold and gloomy conditions.

I would like to say firstly...great to see pins at a venue close to where I'm staying...thankyou

Also I expect some average player machines.

But bloody hell...they are all pretty friggin unloved and faulty!

Maybe pass on to owner or operator or who ever before your shin dig!

T2 cannon f'd cant start a game but gladly accepts coins

Bsd ball search missing stuck shooter but gladly keeps coins

Getaway top flipper f'd

Eight ball throwing out constant free games but inserts mostly out so no fn idea whats going on

Supersonic flippers snagged

That's a I can remember half way through happy hour.

They better get on to the issue with Eight ball throwing out constant free games.

Can't have that.

Not if you are the operator I guess!!!

Also add cftbl to the list ball getting lost in multiball at start of mode....

Pretty much they all need some/alot of love.

New titles all good but maybe some clear spakfilla on all the playfields

Getaway flippers was acting up last time I was there. Thought I fixed it but I'll try again next time.

All the others are their machines I can't fix them and I won't include any of them in thr tournament.

All my machines. Plus star wars. GB and tron is plenty to run the tournament

I really hope this part works out..
Well if people come. And drink beer and have fun then it's in their best interest to keep it going.

They are extending trading hours and days soon I believe. So if it's popular enough it might be twice a month

Well if people come. And drink beer and have fun then it's in their best interest to keep it going.

They are extending trading hours and days soon I believe. So if it's popular enough it might be twice a month

Proofs in the pudding, we had one of the best comps in Melbourne there previously and we know how all that went down.

• 3 weeks later...

1 week away.

1st place prize will be a massive $200 bar tab.

2nd place will be a jug of beer!

Machines are ready to go .

Most likely they will be

- Getaway

- Game of thrones

- Walking dead

- Tron

- Ghostbusters

- Spiderman

- Hobbit

- Star Wars

- Simpsons pinball party

If there are more than 36 people there we will pull from

- Supersonic

- Creature

+ some others

As the night progresses long playing machines might be eliminated from the comp.

No extra balls will be played. Tournament mode on Sterns is suggested to keep mystery awards balanced.

as stated format will be 0112. I have run some simulations and it should last 7 rounds, 8 max.

The format has now been add to matchplay which is great.

If anyone has any question please message me.

• 1 month later...
1 week away.

1st place prize will be a massive $200 bar tab.

2nd place will be a jug of beer!

Machines are ready to go .

Most likely they will be

- Getaway

- Game of thrones

- Walking dead

- Tron

- Ghostbusters

- Spiderman

- Hobbit

- Star Wars

- Simpsons pinball party

If there are more than 36 people there we will pull from

- Supersonic

- Creature

+ some others

As the night progresses long playing machines might be eliminated from the comp.

No extra balls will be played. Tournament mode on Sterns is suggested to keep mystery awards balanced.

as stated format will be 0112. I have run some simulations and it should last 7 rounds, 8 max.

The format has now been add to matchplay which is great.

If anyone has any question please message me.

Is this on tomorrow night...wed 18th?

So I came down to get me some Mexican trophies and failed miserably in my first ever comp.

I thought if Raysco can do it maybe I have a shot!

But alas I confirmed I should stick to tinkering rather than competing and got the wooden spoon . Nice to meet you guys and thanks for the bum steer on the comp name Ryza!

Machines wise...Ryzas are all in good nick the others are still hopeless with too many issues to list but the most outstanding one was the rhs wire out lane guide loose and angled toward the sling in effect giving 2 drain lines on Supersonic......nice!

So down and out with a few Furphys down I trudged off. On the way out went for a slash and there it was staring me in the eyes...Black Pyramid hidden out the back. Couple of games and my mojo was back! But but too late....

Man I love these older games.

Would love to see older ss games there like ebd nine ball firepower meteor seawitch quicksilver etc...

Nice to meet you guys.

Cheers

Kurt Lee Ambrose

So I came down to get me some Mexican trophies and failed miserably in my first ever comp.

I thought if Raysco can do it maybe I have a shot!

But alas I confirmed I should stick to tinkering rather than competing and got the wooden spoon . Nice to meet you guys and thanks for the bum steer on the comp name Ryza!

Machines wise...Ryzas are all in good nick the others are still hopeless with too many issues to list but the most outstanding one was the rhs wire out lane guide loose and angled toward the sling in effect giving 2 drain lines on Supersonic......nice!

So down and out with a few Furphys down I trudged off. On the way out went for a slash and there it was staring me in the eyes...Black Pyramid hidden out the back. Couple of games and my mojo was back! But but too late....

Man I love these older games.

Would love to see older ss games there like ebd nine ball firepower meteor seawitch quicksilver etc...

Nice to meet you guys.

Cheers

Kurt Lee Ambrose

Don't be to dishartened mate. Some of those Melbourne blokes have got talent. At least thats your 1st comp under your belt. You should play some Houseball, great social comp with a barrel of laughs.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 2 months later...

On again tonight.

. Registration from 6.30pm. 7pm start.

[emoji2962]FREE for people that have never competed in an pinball comp before. Bring your friends!

[emoji2956]Stern army (money can't buy) dog tags for 1st and 2nd place

[emoji495]Survive to round 5 and you will be in a random draw to win a Stern translite which cost over $100 to buy

[emoji482] Winner gets $100 bar tab. 2nd place $50 bar tab. And 1 random jug giveaway at round 3 to 1 group

[emoji857]$10 for everyone else.

Free parking after 6.30 just 300 meters away outside of cbd