Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cue ball wizard wire ramp ball stop issue

toastie

Question

Have a problem with my cue ball wizard that I have just got up and running and hoping someone has seen it before. It is a Gottlieb System 3 .

At the start of a game when doing the skill shot, the ball travels around the ramp and gets stopped on a plunger. After a few seconds, this plunger is supposed to drop and allow the ball past. The drop plunger does not kick in. I have performed coil tests and the plunger works every time.

Hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?

3 answers to this question

If the coil works in test then the coil and fuse is OK. Check the activating switch especially the diode to see if it hasn't got a cracked solder joint. And follow the whole circuit for that switch and check it's wiring and connectors. You can ground test the circuit too, from the thin wire side of the coil onwards.

there is a opto at the exit of the red ramp to the wire form ramp check if it works might be dirty , this opto advise the CPU that the ball is passing by !

Spot on, removed the opto at the end of the red ramp and cleaned it. Hasn’t missed a beat since.