Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Game 1 ~ The Speed Rumbler (closes 15-July)

Car Crazy …

MGLXXXVI – Game 1 ~ The Speed Rumbler

EiLIsb6.png

Nominated by gamer: ILLSeaBass

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: SRumbler

Game Story:

The game begins with animation showing the terrorists getting out of their car, entering a building and then leaving, taking "Super Joe's" family and townspeople as hostages. Next a threatening letter appears which conveys the terrorist action and Super Joe's mission. Throughout each screen there are hostages hidden in the houses. When you release them from captivity you gain points, increased fire power or speed.

You drive and shoot from the car. If the car is hit by a bomb or destroyed by the enemy, you have the ability to escape by hitting the escape button on the control panel. At that time you are now on foot armed with a repeating rifle.

When you are fighting off ambushers on foot, you have the ability to do an acrobatic summersault to evade bullets. As you progress through the six different scenes, an ally will bring you additional cars that you can enter and then proceed with the rest of the game.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15 July 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Free the hostages and save your family …

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL …

HXhDKbN.png

d1BXNwn.jpg

:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pessimeister: 30, 700

0003.png.635cd820e10972a4476867fd3ab46e55.png

I've never seen this before on any format, so the excitement of playing a game for the first time is strong. :)

At first I thought "oh dear, what is this?" But after a few credits, found myself thinking of Mad Max meets Carmageddon meets Micro Machines. Amusing, kind of psychotic fun. Won't know what I'm doing for awhile yet though!

Jumping out of the car while colliding with the prisons/being on-foot yields 2k every time?

I never really thought of that tactic.. risky though, enemy cars come swooping in from all directions to run you over. Tuck N' Roll :D

Jumping out of the car while colliding with the prisons/being on-foot yields 2k every time?

It wasn't that. I was thinking of the time bonus. 1.06 got me 10K but under 1.00 gives 40K. Looks like hanging around and getting more 2k bonuses is more lucrative anyway.

Note to any early MGL players. Yes I have been talking strategy and a possible tip on day 3 and not waited until week 2. So sue me :lol