Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Creatures of the Black Lagoon hologram solutions

A guy on pinside is developing an lcd screen mod. It's not complete yet but looks good what he has shown.

I offered to coordinate an aussie order once he has finished to save us all on a bit of postage. I am not affiliated with him and don't know how much it will be nor when it will be ready.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

A guy on pinside is developing an lcd screen mod. It's not complete yet but looks good what he has shown.

I offered to coordinate an aussie order once he has finished to save us all on a bit of postage. I am not affiliated with him and don't know how much it will be nor when it will be ready.

Cheers Robm - that sounds good. Can you keep me in mind when you hear more? I'm in no real rush as haven't even picked it up yet but know as its literally the only thing on the entire machine that didn't look perfect - it will eventually drive me insane

The machine in this video belongs to another AA member and he had this screen mod (LCD I think) installed. I reckon this looks the best and really suits the game. I believe the guy who actually made the mod no longer does it, but I am sure there will be someone smart enough out there to do something similar.

Hey rob, I’m interested in getting one of these mods for my creature when they are available. I’m in Brisbane. Thanks

Me also.

If anyone finds out where to purchase, please let me know.

Thanks

Gordo..

Think there's been a couple different versions of LCD mods for CFTBL but they're no longer available. The guy on Pinside that is developing the latest one is in Spain but as Rob said it's still in development and there's no indication of when it'll be ready or what price it'll be. At this stage it's just a matter of waiting ...

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

I bought one of these from Planetary.

It's a bit pricey and not quite the same as the original, but it's better than nothing:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

When you say "not quite the same", what are the differences? I'm thinking of getting one myself.

When you say "not quite the same", what are the differences? I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Don't get me wrong, it's a quality product and I am happy with it and definitely recommend it given the unavailability of NOS or even second hand replacements. However if you are a purest then you need to be aware that:

This hologram is a direct replacement and developed by modelling a figure from the original hologram and then creating a new hologram. The figure was professionally sculpted and is a very close copy of the original - as close as one can reasonably get!

From my understanding the original hologram templates and creature model are lost, therefore the artist would of had to recreate a model by eye.

So what that means is that if you had an the original and recreation holograms side by side you would notice the subtle differences in the creature. The most obvious to me when comparing them side by side is the detailing in the face. When it's in your machine however you would never notice.

However sitting in your machine all by its lonesome all you see is a green hologram of a creature that comes pretty damn close to the original that's way better than an empty void...

The machine in this video belongs to another AA member and he had this screen mod (LCD I think) installed. I reckon this looks the best and really suits the game. I believe the guy who actually made the mod no longer does it, but I am sure there will be someone smart enough out there to do something similar.

Wow - this looks fantastic. I don't own a CFTBL, but if I ever do, I'm going to install this.

Ive had both the lcd options..local and miked.

Boot and hardware issues and basically no back up even when I found the right people to ask.

Coupled with some animations etc which weren't to my liking and pretty cheesy.

The new one being developed OS looks like it can be more refined to your own taste but I wouldn't be rushing in to buy one until its up, running and theres some good feedback on it.

My 2c.

Just the roll out delays alone would ward me off it initially.

I have been working on an LCD replacement, but I am likely to abort my project due to the difficulty getting or generating a high quality video or animation. Whilst the electronics are well in my comfort zone, video production is not. The final experience for the user is very much tied to the video content. I would be happy to hear from anyone with an animation or video production background wanting to partner / collaborate.